Who is the last ufc fighter to come out of the lions den?

usfbrah

Chronic gambler
@Brown
Reaction score
i miss the lions den. Do any up and comers train there anymore? Or is it just ken

ClkexwrWEAAaORX.jpg

(am I doing this right Conor fanboys?)

early Sean Spencer was from Lion's Den Dallas but Guy Mezger didnt really have the time/team so Sean went to Octagon MMA

seems like Lions Den Dallas only focuses on amateur fighters, Audrey Drew, Jon Camero and the likes

early Sean Spencer was from Lion's Den Dallas but Guy Mezger didnt really have the time/team so Sean went to Octagon MMA
Yeah that's NOT how it went down.

Guy at the time was teaching almost every night and his assistant MMA coach (Pride/UFC veteran Alex Andrade) was there ever night.

Didn't have a team ? They had just off the top of my head 3 fighters fighting in Bellator in the same year while training at Guys gym (Derek Campos whose still a ranked bellator fighter, sean spencer whose in the UFC but about to be cut, and Jason Sampson whose next fight is a Legacy FC title shot). 3 guys fighting in Bellator in the same calendar year is easily a team (that's better than 95% of gyms)

What happened was the six pro fighters at Mezgers where affiliated with a manager called Matt Rossini. Octagon MMA had just opened and they where doing SMU NCAA type recruiting tactics to steal fighters from more seasoned gyms (they had just stolen Steven Peterson at the time).

The douche bag head coach of Octagon (Sayif ) struck a deal with Matt and he told all the fighters to literally grab there bags and leave

i miss the lions den. Do any up and comers train there anymore? Or is it just ken
the IFL fight team was the last affilation with the name lions den.

After the IFL ceased (2008), Guy changed the name of his gym from Lions Den Dallas to Guy Mezgers combat sports. Ken Shamrock lost both his lions den locations (Lions Den Scottsdale, and Lions Den Reno) not too long after the IFL ceased.

Yeah that's NOT how it went down.

Guy at the time was teaching almost every night and his assistant MMA coach (Pride/UFC veteran Alex Andrade) was there ever night.

Didn't have a team ? They had just off the top of my head 3 fighters fighting in Bellator in the same year while training at Guys gym (Derek Campos whose still a ranked bellator fighter, sean spencer whose in the UFC but about to be cut, and Jason Sampson whose next fight is a Legacy FC title shot). 3 guys fighting in Bellator in the same calendar year is easily a team (that's better than 95% of gyms)

What happened was the six pro fighters at Mezgers where affiliated with a manager called Matt Rossini. Octagon MMA had just opened and they where doing SMU NCAA type recruiting tactics to steal fighters from more seasoned gyms (they had just stolen Steven Peterson at the time).

The douche bag head coach of Octagon (Sayif ) struck a deal with Matt and he told all the fighters to literally grab there bags and leave
Wow that's fucked up

Back