Hate to say it, but Conor is ruining this sport

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ever since Conor came into the UFC, it has become somewhat of a circus. He brings in the viewers, but I'm not sure that's for the good.
I remember when the Championship Belts actually meant something, and people had to earn the elusive title shot. Once Conor joined the UFC, he saw major flaws in their business plans that would work to his advantage.
More and more it is becoming just fun matchmaking, even outside of Conor, such as Bisping vs. Hendo.
I can understand why some UFC fighters are disgruntled, because while this matchmaking is good for making the organization money, it is in turn making people lose respect for the belts, and the bosses as well. If this is supposed to be a sport, or they were ever planning on making this organization into a real sport, it has certainly declined in its dedication to keeping things fair.
Im not a Conor hater. He's an awesome fighter and I respect everything he does in the UFC, it just seems as though he's a bit better at doing business than the UFC itself.

No major Sports organization is EVER fair to the athletes. Ask NFL players and NBA players, they had to form unions. This is a business and you get as much money as you possibly can, nothing personal.

Also,

Who da fook are you

I simply can't be upset about a champ vs champ fight, its the very shit everyone screamed for with Aldo vs Pettis!

The UFC has always been a sports entertainment organization. Deal with it and you'll find their events more enjoyable.

Conor has taken this sport to new heights in terms of PPV numbers and fighter pay, would Nate Diaz ever have made more than a milion ever in his career if it wasn't for Conor? No fucking way, quit your whining and enjoy the Mcgregor era.

Ever since Conor came into the UFC, it has become somewhat of a circus. He brings in the viewers, but I'm not sure that's for the good.
I remember when the Championship Belts actually meant something, and people had to earn the elusive title shot. Once Conor joined the UFC, he saw major flaws in their business plans that would work to his advantage.
More and more it is becoming just fun matchmaking, even outside of Conor, such as Bisping vs. Hendo.
I can understand why some UFC fighters are disgruntled, because while this matchmaking is good for making the organization money, it is in turn making people lose respect for the belts, and the bosses as well. If this is supposed to be a sport, or they were ever planning on making this organization into a real sport, it has certainly declined in its dedication to keeping things fair.
Im not a Conor hater. He's an awesome fighter and I respect everything he does in the UFC, it just seems as though he's a bit better at doing business than the UFC itself.
Are you glad Aldo is leaving?

As much as I am not a fan of Conor, I can say that it's not his fault. There's an old saying that still holds true today...

"Don't hate the player, hate the game."

He's created a monster and I like it. Every single fighter with PPV points wants to be on a conor card and everyone whos in 145 -170 wants that fight because they know they will get paid.

He has allowed nate to retire anytime he wants, gave most of his opponents a good pay day what more do you want.

This isn't a sport anymore. The more you accept this the less it annoys you.

You can sit back & enjoy the Conor show, or you can fuck off, the choice is all yours <cheer>

Conor has a message for you
<3>

Hate to say a million threads on the same subject are ruining Sherdog.

(Not a Conor fan)

I've yet to see a person make a valid argument to how Conor has ruined the UFC.

If you want to say Dana and Co ruined the UFC by allowing this shit to happen, I am totally on board but you are completely wrong by putting it on Conor.

He is easily one of the best things to happen to the UFC. Numbers don't lie.

Back