Brock broke his "ironclad" WWE contract in the early 2000s (Aldo)

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Brock had left the WWE in 2004 but was still under contract. He nonetheless signed a contract to wrestle in Japan. The WWE sent a cease and desist letter to Brock and the Japanese promotion.

And that was the end of that. Brock's lawyers found so many flaws in his contract that the WWE were convinced not to pursue any legal action. This is all in Brock's autobiography.

I'm not saying Aldo's contract is equally flawed. But if he, like Brock, does not give a fuck and finds a competent attorney, you never know.

This is all taking place in the context of the Ali Act, which prohibits coercive contracts. Aldo can be the poster boy for this. Breaking a contract, more than most things, would really be a game changer. It may not have benefitted Curt Flood all that much but he undoubtedly changed the game.

I would love an all out "walk out" of UFC fighters, if it helped them get better overall pay. I can suffer without some face punchy limb pretzels for awhile.

giphy.gif

There have been a couple wrestlers recently who left WWE and challenged their no-compete clauses, wwe always loses/backs down, because their roster are "independent contractors" rather than "employees". I suspect UFC's clauses might be more legit though, simply because they're not as carny backstage as WWE.

Brock's lawyers found so many flaws in his contract
So his ironclad contract had tons of flaws. Do you understand the definition of ironclad?

Now do you understand what a logical fallacy is? Unless the UFC is using Brock's flawed contract this whole post is meaningless.

I would love an all out "walk out" of UFC fighters, if it helped them get better overall pay. I can suffer without some face punchy limb pretzels for awhile.
I agree. They should go to Bellator and make 1k/1k rather than 10/10 or 12/12.

So his ironclad contract had tons of flaws. Do you understand the definition of ironclad?

Now do you understand what a logical fallacy is? Unless the UFC is using Brock's flawed contract this whole post is meaningless.

This is tempting but I'll take the high road and just say that I put ironclad in quotes for a reason.

The history of business is filled with "ironclad" contracts that were put aside and deemed unenforceable. Ironclad is just a perception.

That has nothing to do with the UFC.

Do you know what happened when Randy Couture tried to break his UFC contract? probably not since you know nothing about MMA history, but go on about how something that is in no way similar to the UFC means whatever you think

I think TS is the real life Lionel Hutz.

This is tempting but I'll take the high road and just say that I put ironclad in quotes for a reason.

The history of business is filled with "ironclad" contracts that were put aside and deemed unenforceable. Ironclad is just a perception.
Can you name a fighter who got out of their UFC contract? Do you know any that tried? Do you know how that turned out? If not then I fail to see the point of your post.

Brock's case is different and isn't a great comparison. Randy's situation is similar and he got absolutely shot down. The UFC has Aldo locked down.

Aldo will squabble with the UFC over this but he WILL be back in the cage before long. No question.

Brock had left the WWE in 2004 but was still under contract. He nonetheless signed a contract to wrestle in Japan. The WWE sent a cease and desist letter to Brock and the Japanese promotion.

And that was the end of that. Brock's lawyers found so many flaws in his contract that the WWE were convinced not to pursue any legal action. This is all in Brock's autobiography.

I'm not saying Aldo's contract is equally flawed. But if he, like Brock, does not give a fuck and finds a competent attorney, you never know.

This is all taking place in the context of the Ali Act, which prohibits coercive contracts. Aldo can be the poster boy for this. Breaking a contract, more than most things, would really be a game changer. It may not have benefitted Curt Flood all that much but he undoubtedly changed the game.

you are comparing millionaire brock lesnar lawyers to a favela circuit court lawyer

Obviously he meant perceived iron clad contract

Can you name a fighter who got out of their UFC contract? Do you know any that tried? Do you know how that turned out? If not then I fail to see the point of your post.

Didn't Wanderlei Silva get out of his UFC contract . Did Randy Couture do the same ?

That's assuming there's something wrong in his contract. Zuffa (wrote his contract), if anything has proven to be crazy, not stupid.

Howard-Payne-speed-27932321-500-375.jpg

Is it true that UFC promised Aldo a title unification with mcgregor or the vacated match against Holloway/Pettis as well as sent two contracts to Khabib?

If these are true, all the fighters should rise as one and not tolerate that shit. How the frank?

Brock's case is different and isn't a great comparison. Randy's situation is similar and he got absolutely shot down. The UFC has Aldo locked down.

Aldo will squabble with the UFC over this but he WILL be back in the cage before long. No question.
Any idea how many fights left.

if the ufc couldnt enforce its contracts it would lose a ton of power - that is something i doubt they would fck up - if anything, they prob learned from that incident - i think randy tried to get out of his and couldnt

Brock has pretty much made it clear over the years that Brock does what Brock wants.

It wasn't a popular decision in the WWE circle for him to go fight at UFC 200.

They've built him the last 3 years to be an unbeatable monster and if he would have lost it would have fucked all that up.

Back