About Nate being a top 5 LW...

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I like Nate a lot, and I think he's a solid fighter and a bad matchup even for some good fighters. That said, this talk of him being the 5th ranked LW is a joke, mostly pushed by those who wanna make Cloner's win and loss to him seem more legit.

In the last 4 years this is Nate's record at LW;

2012 - LOSS to Benson Henderson, not just a loss but a dominant blowout, Nate wasn't competitive

2013 - LOSS to Josh Thompson, Nate got brutally knocked out by head kick

2013 - WIN over Grey Maynard, lol yes Grey Maynard whose record was like 1-6 during those few years

2014 - LOSS to RDA, even worse than the Bendo loss, RDA mops the floor with Nate, not competitive

2015 - WIN over Michael Johnson, a 2-1 decision, but a good win over a top 10 fighter

Keep in mind this is LW, the deepest and toughest division in mma. Do you think this record puts you in the top 5 or even top 10?

everyone knows when you fight conor you get a boost. aka Dennis Siver

Read "Cloner"

<5>

Let me start off by saying I like Nate a lot, and I think he's a solid fighter and a bad matchup even for some good fighters. That said, this talk of him being the 5th ranked LW is a joke, mostly pushed by those who wanna make Cloner's win and loss to him seem more legit.

In the last 4 years this is Nate's record at LW;

2012 - LOSS to Benson Henderson, not just a loss but a dominant blowout, Nate wasn't competitive

2013 - LOSS to Josh Thompson, Nate got brutally knocked out by head kick

2013 - WIN over Grey Maynard, lol yes Grey Maynard whose record was like 1-6 during those few years

2014 - LOSS to RDA, even worse than the Bendo loss, RDA mops the floor with Nate, not competitive

2015 - WIN over Michael Johnson, a 2-1 decision, but a good win over a top 10 fighter

Keep in mind this is LW, the deepest and toughest division in mma. Do you think this record puts you in the top 5 or even top 10?
I like Nate too, but maybe ranked #10 makes more sense. If he performs like he did against MJ for a couple more fights he will deserve top 5 status again.

tumblr_inline_o2s8gkuVHX1shrb8p_500.gif

Rankings are about where you are in your past two or three fights. The leap that Nate made in the MJ fight was obvious to everyone, you are making yourself look stupid by rehashing all of his fights before that. In fact MJ's latest demolition of the number 7 LW proves you wrong and validates Nate's placement at number 5.

Rankings are about where you are in your past two or three fights. The leap that Nate made in the MJ fight was obvious to everyone, you are making yourself look stupid by rehashing all of his fights before that. In fact MJ's latest demolition of the number 7 LW proves you wrong and validates Nate's placement at number 5.
Oh, ok jackass, so you can be completely irrelevant in a division for 3 years, then go in and barely beat a fringe top 10, and be crowned top 5??

Shut up!

Oh, ok jackass, so you can be completely irrelevant in a division for 3 years, then go in and barely beat a fringe top 10, and be crowned top 5??

Shut up!
Waaah. He improved and squashed Michael Johnson. MJ is fringe? Poirier was number 7 and MJ slaughtered him. MJ is an elite LW with wins over Tony Ferguson and Edson Barboza. Keep opening your mouth to show everyone how stupid you are.

You say " two or three fights" I say 4-5. There is nothing consistent about how you get ranked by the UFC after you beat or lose to someone. Only factor is marketing and it's working very well.

Hilarious how Nate Diaz has become public enemy number 2 now that Conor has a win over him.

Waaah. He improved and squashed Michael Johnson. MJ is fringe? Poirier was number 7 and MJ slaughtered him. MJ is an elite LW with wins over Tony Ferguson and Edson Barboza. Keep opening your mouth to show everyone how stupid you are.
He's 2-3 in his last 5, in the deepest division in MMA.

Look at some other LW's jackass. Even guys like Michael Chiesa... Trinaldo is on a 7 fight win streak... these guys are not even talked about as top 5, LW is stacked... Nate is hyped because of his name, because of the McQuitter fight... you're too dumb to understand...

You say " two or three fights" I say 4-5. There is nothing consistent about how you get ranked by the UFC after you beat or lose to someone. Only factor is marketing and it's working very well.
Fighting is based on excitement and meteoric rises. Look at how quickly Weidman and Bisping established themselves as number 1 for proof.
Beating Anderson back to back. Beating Anderson and then Rockhold.

4-5 is simply too much and dwells on two or 3 years ago. NFL and NBA aren't stupid enough to do that so why should you? While 1 is obviously too few. The UFC learned that after putting Urijah Hall and Benefit Dariush too high based on 1 fight.

He's 2-3 in his last 5, in the deepest division in MMA.

Look at some other LW's jackass. Even guys like Michael Chiesa... Trinaldo is on a 7 fight win streak... these guys are not even talked about as top 5, LW is stacked... Nate is hyped because of his name, because of the McQuitter fight... you're too dumb to understand...
You nerd. Nate will probably be a top 5 LW GOAT if he keeps fighting the way he has. The words Michael Chords came out of your stupid mouth. Hide your head in shame loser.

Shut up!
Remind me again what Khabib has done in the last 2.5 years to remain ranked number 1?

You nerd. Nate will probably be a top 5 LW GOAT if he keeps fighting the way he has. The words Michael Chords came out of your stupid mouth. Hide your head in shame loser.
In the last 4 years all he has to show for himself is a win over Grey Maynard and a decision over MJ. I'm giving you reasons why he shouldn't be ranked that high in a stacked division, you're just talking out of your ass.

Remind me again what Khabib has done in the last 2.5 years to remain ranked number 1?
I don't rank him #1, but he's done quite a bit, and he hasn't lost. Look how he did vs RDA, then look at how Nate did, that should give you a good idea where they should be ranked.

In the last 4 years all he has to show for himself is a win over Grey Maynard and a decision over MJ. I'm giving you reasons why he shouldn't be ranked that high in a stacked division, you're just talking out of your ass.
Once again nerd. The Super Bowl and World Series revolve around what you did in the last year. Nate has been killing it and is a bona fide superstar. He will never be forgotten based on the 2 fights with Conor alone. Funny how you didn't want to bring up Nate beating Cerrone either. This is here and now Nate is the biggest name you can fight in the LW division. You keep calling it stacked which further proves how great MJ and Nate are.

lmao this is what I was thinking. If he destroyed the #6 LW, who just destoryed another top ten LW then clearly his ranking is justified.

Back