Conor Winning This Fight Cements Him as a Great

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's already a legend just because of his PPV sales. No matter what happens from here, that will be a part of history.

If he wins the 155 lb belt though.. that combined with his starching of Aldo to win the 145 lb belt will cement his place among the greats no matter what happens after that.

eHY_tx3r.jpg

4767572-2421965083-maxre.jpg

image_crop.php

ab3adcd4d14de4d2ad7a03975a6d1dfc.jpg

bj_penn.jpg

He's not going to win that fight.

Nope the greats actually defended the belts they won

If he wins and defends it a few times then yes absolutely. Otherwise no.

You cement something after defending it. Not hopping around. I love Conor but holding 3 belts and defending 0 is bad.

Many will be crying themselves to sleep if that happens.

Centuries from now the inscription above the entrance to the MMA pantheon will read...

"He did not just take part. He took over"

He's already great in my book. A lot of his fans aren't that great though...

It's not really a great accomplishment to get a second belt if you don't have to defend the one you have AND get a mulligan when you lose.

Most greats I recall defend their belt every now and then. Let him defend a belt for a while then open this thread at a more appropriate time.

He's already a legend just because of his PPV sales. No matter what happens from here, that will be a part of history.

If he wins the 155 lb belt though.. that combined with his starching of Aldo to win the 145 lb belt will cement his place among the greats no matter what happens after that.

The problem with your historical predictions for McPanic is that he will lose to Alvarez and lose badly. I think Alvarez will look to punish McPanic when his cardio drops off before he goes for the finish.
eHY_tx3r.jpg

4767572-2421965083-maxre.jpg

image_crop.php

ab3adcd4d14de4d2ad7a03975a6d1dfc.jpg

bj_penn.jpg

What if Epo McGregor shows up? Imagine Conor on Chael's regimen?

he's got to be the greatest ufc fight salesman. hands down. just that.

Back