PPV points question

Jacob Carter

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has any info on this but I'll ask anyway.

Are PPV points built into contracts? Or are they negotiated for each event?

I'm asking because I assume that at some point in their careers Rashad, Edgar, Tate, Weidman, and Jedrzejczyk (and maybe a few others) would have had PPV bonus points. With Macgregor obviously taking the Lion's share, surely they can't all be drawing money from this event.

I'm asking because I assume that at some point in their careers Rashad, Edgar, Tate, Weidman, and Jedrzejczyk (and maybe a few others) would have had PPV bonus points. With Macgregor obviously taking the Lion's share, surely they can't all be drawing money from this event.
With the limited info that is publicly available PPV points are built into the contract.

Randy Coture's Contract was made public knowledge as well as Overeams when he signed with the UFC due to legal disputes where the contracts had to be disclosed.

Both fighters had built in clauses that dealt with PPV points.

So I would say they would likley be drawing some PPV points from the event. It also quite possible that PPV points is subject to a championship clause (if you are the champ or challenging for the title) as well as if you are the main or co-main event, which I believe is how Oveream's contract worked, but i need clarification on that.

I believe Eddies Contract or elements of it were also disclosed when he was signed with the UFC.

Untitledss.png

Champions are usually the ones to get PPV points, also non champions that main evented PPV and can sell a lot of it...

Idk TS.
I would be surprised that Shad or Edgar still have PPV points.

Shad headline or Co-Main a lot of Fox card in the last few years. (since he lost the belt)

They should be giving out to champs and draws that are main events / co mains if the card is stacked.

But I heard that goof Brendon on his podcast middle age man and ex fighter telling dick jokes that you need to have 3 tittle defenses or some dumb shit that was used in the past to make others don't ask for PPV points or some shit.

Like I said the champs most likely have it and if it's a big draw non champ main event fighter they also have it.

EX: UFC 205 this fighters should have PPV points.

Conor (custom share, negotiated lot's of money)
Eddie (basic champ share probably a bit inflated since the big card)
Woodley (basic champ share)
JJ (basic champ share)

And that's it.. but like I said Conor's share can be from 7 to 10$ with different thresholds and rules and Eddies can be 3 to 5$ while Woodley and JJ have some basic ass 2-3$ shit all with more fucked up thresholds.

While Wonderboy and KK would most likely have a decent signing fee or a backroom bonus same for the draw that is Chris Weidman for this big card in his backyard that he lobbied for.

And what I mean with those thresholds others can be activated after 200k buys others start from lower or higher and they get to be upgraded every 200k buys or go crazy big once they get passed 1 mill buys like who knows Conor can have 12-14$ share for every buy in excess of 1.2 mill buys for example.

Contracted ahead of time but it seems these days renegotiated often based on the market and need at the time...

Well we know contracts are incentive based and if you lose your pay can go down its why rockhold wanted a new deal after losing the belt

Also Schaub recently claimed the standard contract doesn't allow u to get Ppv points until ur 3rd title defence.Obvioulsy guys like Conor renogiate every fight

no matter what this card is STACKED.. and in the big apple.. BIG PAYDAY all around

Well we know contracts are incentive based and if you lose your pay can go down its why rockhold wanted a new deal after losing the belt

Also Schaub recently claimed the standard contract doesn't allow u to get Ppv points until ur 3rd title defence.Obvioulsy guys like Conor renogiate every fight

Imagine how many champs don't get to do that.. hell imagine that shit in the UFC HW division it will be no one with PPV points using that logic lol.

I think that is the dumb info he was hearing when the UFC were using that line for 'justification' on why they won't pay Carwin no PPV bonus for his fight with Mir / Lesnar. (remember he got 1 mill backroom bonus for the Lesnar fight and was coming with with a belt of his own)

The UFC gets $30 per PPV buy (at least, more if they made a better deal like 55-45 or 60-40 split with PPV distributors) and out of that the champions get $1 (200-400K), $2 (400-600K) and $2.50 for each buy over 600K and not many go into the latter two.

Awful. And this is despite the fact that the gate alone for a PPV almost always significantly exceeds the total payout for all of the non-PPV fighters.

Back