It seems Jose Aldo already contacted a lawyer to assess his contract situation

Ridiculous that a fighter of Aldo's calibre is being treated like this.

good , Dana likes it when fighters fight back.

If Aldo really wants to get through with this he will be backed by the whole Brazilian MMA scene. This could turn interesting.

4l2b0m_jpg.gif

Dana won't be happy
white_dana640.jpg

Be great to see Rizin, BFC, ONE FC & WSOF all become partners and getting fighters like Jose, Chael, Davis and Rory is big for actually competing with the UFC.

Good for him. I hope he makes it hurt so bad the new brass wakes up and realizes that the fighters arent going to be pushed over anymore.

Retiring is the worst possible thing Aldo could do now after all of Conor's predictions.

More people will know Aldo as the guy who got KO'd in 13 seconds than the legendary FW who was possibly the best fighter under 170lbs.
No only idiots would think that the one fight defined his career.

From my sources, his UFC contract has an exit clause where in order to get out of this 3-year MMA exclusivity deal, Aldo has to sign a 20-year deal shoveling snow into Dana White's driveway.

If Randy couldn't get out to fight Fedor, Aldo won't get out either

Aldo's lawyer vs Team UFC lawyers this will last 13 seconds

Aldo will not be able to breach his contract, I don't care how good his lawyer is. The UFC has been doing this for awhile and plenty of fighters have tried in the past without success.

The UFC has been working hard at penetrating the Brazilian market and will not let a top 3 fighter go under any circumstances. They can talk all the shit they want, in the end, if Aldo tries to fight for another organization, the UFC will sue him.

What I find amusing is that if Aldo was more of a draw, he would have a great deal more negotiating power. Look at Cyborg; I am not a big fan of hers but she has clearly made an effort to learn passable english for interviews, and has actually become somewhat marketable.

Aldo has the personality of paper mache, barely speaks english, has pulled out of multiple fights over the years. He headlines a card and unless he is fighting Conor, it will be a below average PPV and gate (unless held in Brazil).

His options here are to retire (which he won't, someone told him this bluff will work), Suck it up and fight who his employers tell him to (he does get paid for this....), or kick a ref in the ass.

It's pretty sad how Aldo has been cast aside like an old toy. But saying that; if his UFC fights had been exciting as his WEC fights, if he hadn't pulled out of quite so many fights and if he hadn't lost in 13 seconds, he wouldn't be in this situation.

But what if Aldo decided to retire? Will that allow him to be forcefully release from UFC?

Back