Why is Conor compared to Muhammad Ali by the Media?

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ali would have verbally destroyed and clowned somebody like Alvarez as soon as he opened his mouth. Conor was sitting there looking hard barely saying anything. He did say some epic shit from time to time but most of the stuff he said seemed like something that he forced himself to say / repeating the old stuff he said in the past.

Nothing like Ali.

I thought Ronda was the female Ali.

Anyway, back to my Renan Barao pound for pound number 1 bandwagon.

Ali would have verbally destroyed and clowned somebody like Alvarez as soon as he opened his mouth. Conor was sitting there looking hard barely saying anything. He did say some epic shit from time to time but most of the stuff he said seemed like something that he forced himself to say / repeating the old stuff he said in the past.

Nothing like Ali.
Why do you post this utter nonsense? Who is comparing Conor to Ali, those comparisons were being pushed by Dana a ways back and besides you think that every word that Ali uttered was some kind of magic, most of the shit he talked was just that shit with a few good zingers and the odd line or two.

You do realize that you're comparing them, right?

I thought Jones was Ali when he did that underwater photoshoot...

Or was Anderson Ali when he had that knockout pose after Forrest...

Or Chael when he "invented" trash talking...

People who think McGregor is remotely as funny or ad rem as Ali are stupid as fuck.

Rob Whittaker is muhammad ali
hqdefault.jpg

ali-louisville.jpg

I thought Jones was Ali when he did that underwater photoshoot...

Or was Anderson Ali when he had that knockout pose after Forrest...

Or Chael when he "invented" trash talking...
Definitely Chael out of that list.

Because MMA fans are young and have no historical context.

Why do you post this utter nonsense? Who is comparing Conor to Ali, those comparisons were being pushed by Dana a ways back and besides you think that every word that Ali uttered was some kind of magic, most of the shit he talked was just that shit with a few good zingers and the odd line or two.
Obviously not me. Wikipedia for example.

Nothing like Ali.

Dana said Conor's mindset is like Ali or even better. Have to agree with that but cannot compare Conor and Ali.
Also agree with you about Conor saying old shit all the time. He needs to come out with new shit every time otherwise it gets boring. He needs to go to the next level of his trash talking and quotes if he wants to be bigger.

People who think McGregor is remotely as funny or ad rem as Ali are stupid as fuck.
Ali wasn't funny, most of the shit i heard Ali say was blatant racist but i understand that it was because of the time he lived. I think most of us would be the same in that regard if we lived through those times.

Whoever compares McGregor to the GOAT deserves to be RKO'd
Damn straight. Sugar Ray Robinson and Joe Louis are both better fighters than Conor by far, and both more quotable.

There's only one man worthy of being compared to Ali...

Edmond-Tarverdyan.jpg

Nothing is impossible, sherbros

He's much more comparable to Mayweather, seeing as how he stole his entire gimmick from him and all (well, except for the part about being undefeated.)

Back