Jose Aldo would beat Alvarez

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
As a McGregor fan I think Aldo gets indirectly shit on by LWs all the time. Guys like Cowboy, Diaz, Alvarez refer to FW as a child's division. Conor beat Aldo in 13 seconds. Aldo would beat every single LW there is I think. He would certainly be the betting favourite over them.

I'd have Aldo as the favourite in every fight 155 and under, including a rematch with McGregor.

No it's a respect Jose Aldo thread. Even Edgar would give every LW problems.

Well, yeah.

You do know Edgar was the champ at LW, right? He did better at LW than he has at FW.

Khabib and Ferguson are the only one who I see posing problems for Aldo.

Khabib for his insane grappling and Ferguson is just huge.

Remember the talk before Conor came around? Many had Aldo as the best FW & LW, partly because he's a big FW, partly because his skills are better than any of the top LW's.

This hasn't changed. Look what he did to Edgar, who arguably never lost the LW belt and had 3 defenses. Edgar's only losses at FW are to Aldo.

I agree actually. I think Aldo would whoop alot of the LW's including Eddie.

Yeah well i guess we will never know because he never had the balls to take a shot (yeah i know i know he wasn't allowed.....)

"Conor beat Aldo in 13 seconds. Aldo would beat every single LW there is I think"

lol.

Maybe it's the reason why LWs discredit Aldo, while in reality he could still be a favorite over a lot of them?

Try to not let your hate for Conor ruin a discussion of Aldo's skills and abilities compared to LWs.

aldo would get eaten alive at 155 by alvarez, RDA, khabib, probably pettis.. lightweights are a lot bigger than him and hit really hard. not that it means anything, those guys would also get their shit pushed in at 170. weight classes exist for a reason.

I agree TS. Aldo at his best would have Alvarez on toast as well as many other top LW's.

Back