Fact Aldo Said He Didn't Mind Taking the McGregor Rematch on Short Notice

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
seems like some of you got a short memory

here mid january

If there's one thing the head of Nova Uniao, Andre Pederneiras, can assure you, is that Jose Aldo is eager to get his rematch with Conor McGregor. In fact, Pederneiras told Portal do Vale Tudo the former UFC featherweight champion wants to face McGregor again so badly, he doesn't even mind if he's called on short notice.

"That's what he wants the most. He wants it so much that he's already training conditioning, jiu-jitsu and boxing. Nothing too excessive, of course, but he wants to stay in shape. He's not lazy. He will always be expecting that chance to get the fight on short notice, otherwise he might not get another chance. He's got that notion in his mind so he's staying active. "

Again, Pederneiras talked about how the UFC needs to decide if it's a sport or a show as he feels not all fighters have the same opportunities or are treated the same way in the company.

"The UFC wants to be in control of the sport and still be a business. When you have a sport, you must have rules and those rules apply to John the same way the apply to Jack. So if John gets an immediate rematch because he's a dominant champion, Jack deserves one too, if he has done the same things, no matter how ugly he is. But if you're talking business, John can have his rematch because he sells way more than Jack. Treating the UFC as a sport and business at the same times will create problems. It already is."

Jose Aldo lost the featherweight belt when he was knocked out in 13 seconds by Conor McGregor at UFC 194, in Las Vegas last December.

at the end of january he says he is already training for it and pretty much says he is willing to sit out unless he gets a title shot

Hi everyone, I was quiet for a while, because I was waiting for my rematch. In fact, I was already training for it, based on how the fight went down. But apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to the UFC: for everything that I’ve done, everything I’ve accepted, and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere.
Dana WhiteLorenzo Fertitta, keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for. ‪#‎rematch‬

jeez i wonder why people hate on a fighter who says he is willing to fight on short notice but then goes back on his word and says he is willing to sit out unless he gets a title shot.

Never mind the Twitter trash talk. Only a complete idiot would blame a guy in Aldo's position for turning down a rematch on 10 days notice, against a guy who had been bulking up for a LW fight for months.

Are you guys seriously this stupid? Amazing...

What's this got to do with anything?

Wow

What's your name?
Jose Aldo Jr.

How old are you?

What do you do for a living?
I pull out of fights.

Aldo just getting the taste of his own medicine.

seems like some of you got a short memory

here mid january

at the end of january he says he is already training for it and pretty much says he is willing to sit out unless he gets a title shot

jeez i wonder why people hate on a fighter who says he is willing to fight on short notice but then goes back on his word and says he is willing to sit out unless he gets a title shot.

He says all that then he says this..

Confusing.

Im not just saying this because of your sassy reply in my thread earlier, but you're p4p one of the most dense posters on this site. You will overtly argue contradictory points, mentioning titles when Conor hasn't even defended his belt yet. You're one of those guys who learned to enjoy getting his head flushed down the toilet in high school

What's your name?
Jose Aldo Jr.

How old are you?

I pull out of fights.
He's still had more fights at the FW division than the champ since their fight?
I'm excited for this match at 205 but it's a phony record Conor will accomplish if he wins.

He's still had more fights at the FW division than the champ since their fight?
I'm excited for this match at 205 but it's a phony record Conor will accomplish if he wins.

It's not a phony win. The LW champ is a tougher challenge than the FW champ he already murked in 13 seconds.

The only phony thing is the 2-div champion thing since he didn't drop the FW belt. But the guy made the UFC literally hundreds of millions in 3 PPVs. If somebody made that much money for you while everybody else was only making you millions you'd bend the rules to pamper him just the same.

It's not a phony win. The LW champ is a tougher challenge than the FW champ he already murked in 13 seconds.

The only phony thing is the 2-div champion thing since he didn't drop the FW belt. But the guy made the UFC literally hundreds of millions in 3 PPVs. If somebody made that much money for you while everybody else was only making you millions you'd bend the rules to pamper him just the same.
Yeah that's what I meant with the phony record. Record being the first simultaneous two division champ.

Never mind the Twitter trash talk. Only a complete idiot would blame a guy in Aldo's position for turning down a rematch on 10 days notice, against a guy who had been bulking up for a LW fight for months.

Are you guys seriously this stupid? Amazing...
First and foremost McGregor doesnt "Bulk up" to lighweight he still cuts weight just 10lbs less then FW so you can throw that nonsense out the window for starters.

He should have never been asked to step in that soon, he had literally just gotten off his medical suspension. Just like Frankie shouldn't have been asked when they already knew he had just gone through surgery.

Exactly, if it makes dollars it makes sense but if you want to talk about non deserving title fights look no further than Hendo v Bisping, now thats a total farce.

When he was offered the short notice fight he had only been medically cleared for like a day

Stfu

Connor said a champ who is not defending his belt should be stripped yet here he is doing the same

Connor said after the first nate fight he was going to defend his belt against either aldo or edgar. Stating it's hard not to give aldo a rematch

Stfu

I like how I just read a thread with a McGregor fan saying Aldo can't speak English and that's one of the reasons he never liked Aldo....now I'm reading a thread with Aldo writing in perfect English and people acting these things were actually said by Aldo.

What's your name?
Jose Aldo Jr.

How old are you?

I pull out of fights.
whats your name?
conor mcgregor

how old are you?

what you do for a living?
i do fuuking nothing!
the UFC do it for me!!

Back