Why is the UFC 205 Superfight unacceptable for you?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For years MMA fans have been talking about:

- BJ Penn vs GSP 2
- GSP vs Anderson Silva
- Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
- Jon Jones vs Cain Velasquez
- Jon Jones vs Werdum
- Jon Jones vs Fedor
- Anthony Pettis vs Jose Aldo
- Conor McGregor vs RDA

Yet when McGregor vs Alvarez was announced, certain mma fans on sherdog started crying like litte girls.
For all you girly men out there complaining, what's your reasoning why this SUPER fight shouldn't happen?

Its not a superfight when one of the fighters is only 1-1 in his last two fights.

It's not a superfight when neither fighter has even defended once. McGregor atleast has a name, but who the fuck is Alvarez to make this fight "super"?

Silva vs Jones or Silva vs GSP would've been real superfights.

I don't see as a super fight but I have accepted it's happening. Alvarez isn't a huge name like McGregor is. All skill wise this isn't silva v gsp.

Its not a superfight when one of the fighters is only 1-1 in his last two fights.
he's 8-1 in the UFC being the FW champion, being the biggest UFC star ever and possibly the LW champion, how the fook is that not a superfight?

It's a great fight. Conor deserves the chance to make history as the only man to hold two belts simultaneously.

I think it's great.

Hopefully everyone going forward realizes, if you fight for the UFC and you don't make them money, you better prepare your anus.

Conor just got up on stage and told everyone that they're a complete sucker for taking what the UFC gives them.

I'm sure the fighters really enjoyed that. This is what you're doing for a living and the boss and his little clown are laughing in your face as they're talking about how little you're getting paid.

So much for what little respect this sport had.

1) He's 1-1 in his last two fights, and got finished in his loss
2) He hasn't defended his title once
3) He's done nothing to deserve a title shot at 155

It would be different if his UFC lose was early in his UFC career but it just happened 2 fights ago. His aura is already popped.

he's 8-1 in the UFC being the FW champion, being the biggest UFC star ever and possibly the LW champion, how the fook is that not a superfight?

Because neither guy has a single title defense. Connor hasn't done shit at lw. Granted he fought nate but nate is nowhere near a title shot himself and choked Connor out in the first fight and then connor won a majority decision my the skin of his teeth in the rematch.

A Superfight should be between two dominant champions who have already beaten most legit contenders. Gsp, silva, and Jones at one point in time had no interesting match ups remaining in their own weight class.

Not only that but for me personally they both can be thankful for an element of chance in winning their respective titles. If either of them had managed to dominant their opponent for any substantial amount of time I'd be more inclined to believe they aren't going to get a challenge outside of another champion. Such as jds defeating Cain being greater with most fans and media outlets calling it a fluke win. Connors is only excepted due to popularity.

ccecb143c10a05aa080ff832e4000b7d59f192681fcee96e1b92c4fc4251b342.jpg

I think it's great.

Hopefully everyone going forward realizes, if you fight for the UFC and you don't make them money, you better prepare your anus.

Conor just got up on stage and told everyone that they're a complete sucker for taking what the UFC gives them.

I'm sure the fighters really enjoyed that. This is what you're doing for a living and the boss and his little clown are laughing in your face as they're talking about how little you're getting paid.

So much for what little respect this sport had.

So the game has changed?

Get with it.

For years MMA fans have been talking about:

- BJ Penn vs GSP 2
- GSP vs Anderson Silva
- Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
- Jon Jones vs Cain Velasquez
- Jon Jones vs Werdum
- Jon Jones vs Fedor
- Anthony Pettis vs Jose Aldo
- Conor McGregor vs RDA

Yet when McGregor vs Alvarez was announced, certain mma fans on sherdog started crying like litte girls.
For all you girly men out there complaining, what's your reasoning why this SUPER fight shouldn't happen?
Anderson/Nick wasn't a super fight, just a fight. Every other fight you listed except Conor/RDA has a defending champion vs. a defending champion. Conor/Alvarez has 0 defending champions in the matchup. It is not a super fight.

It's not a super fight, but it's a good one.

The card however- I'd call it a Super card, without a doubt.

So the game has changed?

Get with it.

yeah, for the worse.

Basically, the only reason this sport wasn't setup like boxing, is because there wasn't boxing level money in the sport. That's what the UFC is telling you right now.

That doesn't happen in a vacuum. The fighters won't put up with it. And guess what you get when that happens? A dog eat dog scenario, which is exactly what boxing is now. It won't take long for it to degenerate into that.

The UFC tries it's best to put out this propaganda that it's like the NBA or the NFL, but everyday it's looking more like what it actually is, a promoter. No different than Bob Arum, Don King, Golden Boy, etc.

Be careful what you wish for.

yeah, for the worse.

Basically, the only reason this sport wasn't setup like boxing, is because there wasn't boxing level money in the sport. That's what the UFC is telling you right now.

That doesn't happen in a vacuum. The fighters won't put up with it. And guess what you get when that happens? A dog eat dog scenario, which is exactly what boxing is now. It won't take long for it to degenerate into that.

The UFC tries it's best to put out this propaganda that it's like the NBA or the NFL, but everyday it's looking more like what it actually is, a promoter. No different than Bob Arum, Don King, Golden Boy, etc.

Be careful what you wish for.

Didn't say I wished for it, but it is a new game to play.

It involves a negotiations, media, PR, popularity and personality. As well as winning fights.

If you can win at both sides you are rewarded with millions.

Many cant.

Guys have a chance to make money, it ain't all bad.

"Super fight," gets tagged onto match ups too haphazardly. No doubt conor vs alvarez is a pretty big match up for fans to enjoy but this is merely the ufc impetuously pandering to their cash cow with unjustified opportunities with the intention of squeezing every amount of $ they can.

Back