McGregor will fight Alvarez as many times it takes until he wins

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I mean he was granted a rematch with Diaz even though neither of those two fights made any sense.

lol.

too true. i could see that happening.

and ofcourse if he doesnt get his way, he will have a dummy spit because he isnt happy and 'retire' again.

It's quite sad that this is true, yet the 145 lb king for a decade can't even get a rematch after he lost the first fight with a very well timed punch. A 13 second ko victory says nothing. A 5 round war of absolute dominance does. The fact that Aldo couldnt get a rematch is lunacy, and if you disagree, then you are just plain ignorant. If conor fans think a rematch against nate was valid, then you can't be a hypocrite and say a rematch with aldo wasn't.

heard Dana already laid out a possible excuse, with Conor having "stuff" going on

Maybe. And if the first fight is decent, I'll be fine with it. Sorry. Conor's a good, entertaining, and exciting fighter.

I'm a huge Conor fan but you are right. Conor is only allowed to win titles, he is not allowed to lose titles.

Imagine how many "multi-divisional title holders" we would have if no one was required to defend their title and were granted unlimited fights at weight classes above until they won a title, regardless of record.

As an MMA and Conor fan I am horribly embarrassed for him.

miss the days of the Holloway/ Porier fights when we could just agree he is GOAT

I think this whole Conor thing has the UFC officially jumping the shark and losing legitamacy.
Holding up 2 weight classes now for this shit.

I'm a huge Conor fan but you are right. Conor is only allowed to win titles, he is not allowed to lose titles.

Imagine how many "multi-divisional title holders" we would have if no one was required to defend their title and were granted unlimited fights at weight classes above until they won a title, regardless of record.

As an MMA and Conor fan I am horribly embarrassed for him.

I can answer that, doesnt matter how many times you grant a titleshot, some fighters would never ever won it

Nah. I think the Conor era of calling the shots is coming to an end. Nothing against him, but he is at 155 now. There was a king at 145, and Conor dethroned him in quick and brutal fashion. That made him a superstar. There is no true king at 155, just a shitload of badass motherfuckers that are coming for the strap. 155 has been that way since it was formed. If he beats Eddie, he has Ferg or Khabib or RDA or Barboza, to fight next. And then the rest of them after that. Johnson is an up and coming star, Cerrone could always come back down, and Nate is still 1-1 against him and waiting in the wings. Even if he wins the belt, there is no easy path after that, just a murderers row of fighters. Nobody is going to run 155 for a long time, there is just too much talent.

I think this whole Conor thing has the UFC officially jumping the shark and losing legitamacy.
Holding up 2 weight classes now for this shit.

It's going to have negative repercussions across the UFC. They've sent a clear signal, If you believe in fairness, FUCK YOU, money talks and bullshit walks.

In future contract negotiations, the fighters will have plenty to say about that. This whole past 12 months should be a big wake up call to any fighter who is paying close attention.

The funny thing is, the fighter that is probably paying the closest attention is Conor. After his contract is up, ask yourself this...why does he need the UFC? He can promote fights with whoever he wants. There's no need for him to sign a long term contract with anyone ever again. Everyone is going to really regret this pandora's box being opened.

It's going to have negative repercussions across the UFC. They've sent a clear signal, If you believe in fairness, FUCK YOU, money talks and bullshit walks.

In future contract negotiations, the fighters will have plenty to say about that. This whole past 12 months should be a big wake up call to any fighter who is paying close attention.

The funny thing is, the fighter that is probably paying the closest attention is Conor. After his contract is up, ask yourself this...why does he need the UFC? He can promote fights with whoever he wants. There's no need for him to sign a long term contract with anyone ever again. Everyone is going to really regret this pandora's box being opened.

Yeah, I think there's a strong chance this is short term thinking by the UFC. Big money now, but at the price of sport legitimacy.

Conor being granted full permission to cherry pick thru classes and fighters to create an untrue legacy portrait because he brings in none MMA Fan to the UFC

Douches and hipsters might love him but MMA fans are gonna suffer.
the shitty part is he is riding the UFC out knowing that he is just the current ticket draw on limited time .
' screw them i bring the hype i will cash in and then retire' you cant blame him

The UFC has gone along with it like looking after a spoilt child knowing his run and hype wont last.

This is way Nate was popular V McG ,it represented do or die true old school fighter.

McG is right he has changed the game,changed it into a hype train
These fighters are getting paid rubbish and treat rubbish, even the top of the food chain .

Where is his rant for fighters rights now? It was never true he is 100% about no1

Sorry, but you didn't answer that in proper English. I am gonna put you on ignore because you are probably a stupid, smelly foreigner. Learn to speak English and then talk to people you dork.

Damn, you threw your GED at him, didn't you....

Back