any other Khabib fans happy with 205?

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'll tell you why:

1. I always wanted Conor vs Alvarez... becoming 25-0 beating Alvarez <<<<< becoming 25-0 beating LW + FW belt Conor. The payoff would be massive.

2. This press conference illustrated just how feared Khabib is. First off in the build up by an entire fanbase (Conor's) on these forums, and second by Alvarez himself. Clear as day that he'd rather NOT renegotiate his contract (translation: get way more money) and fight Conor (banking on winning and then having more negotiating power) than renegotiate your contract as champ (the dream of every fighter) and fight Khabib (therefore likely lose and lose bargaining power for sure). Conor kept driving the point home to belittle him but there was a REASON Alvarez couldn't respond to him. Hint... it had nothing to do with him being a servile employee that hates money like Conor suggested.

MJ is dangerous as hell but should he beat him and should Conor win that victory for the LW belt will be Earth-shattering. Especially the way that we all know about HOW that victory would go down... tossing Conor like a ragdoll left, right, and center.

I like Conor vs Khabib.

I think it would be a good fight where Conor would train TDD like crazy. I want to know how good his TDD will get after training for Khabib.

But this is for Khabib fans so ok.

I like Conor vs Khabib.

I think it would be a good fight where Conor would train TDD like crazy. I want to know how good his TDD will get after training for Khabib.

But this is for Khabib fans so ok.
Conor's a great talent and I like his fighting spirit (moving up in weight etc) but no amount of TDD training will close that gap IMO.

I was looking forward to seeing Khabib challenge for a title against Alvarez.

Now MJ is going to get mauled

I think its good, Khabib gets another decent win (MJ is dangerous but I think he is getting merked) and then it wont be "Khabib doesnt deserve it hasnt fought anyone for 2 years etc" and with this win Khabib gets his titleshot. I do not think Conor will fight him though, but who knows, Conor has proved me wrong before.

MJ gets the KO and ruins Khabib forever

As a Khabib fan, I'm just happy to see him fight.

I think its good, Khabib gets another decent win (MJ is dangerous but I think he is getting merked) and then it wont be "Khabib doesnt deserve it hasnt fought anyone for 2 years etc" and with this win Khabib gets his titleshot. I do not think Conor will fight him though, but who knows, Conor has proved me wrong before.
I think winner of RDA/Ferguson is getting the shot.

This is really the only thing that could go wrong should Conor/Khabib both win... a UFC-abetted ducking of epic proportions to protect their PPV king.

Call me crazy though but I don't think Conor will do it. At least that is my hope... his self-belief will be so strong/dangerous that he won't go running from the guy that will dethrone him.

Khabib via furry hat.

nurmagomedov.jpg

This is really the only thing that could go wrong should Conor/Khabib both win... a UFC-abetted ducking of epic proportions to protect their PPV king.

Call me crazy though but I don't think Conor will do it. At least that is my hope... his self-belief will be so strong/dangerous that he won't go running from the guy that will dethrone him.

As long as Khabib can stay healthy, I have trouble visualizing a Conor win.

I wonder why Khabib has such knee problems...

giphy.gif

I see what you're saying, but I think Ferguson deserves it the most if he wins. After that, Khabib if he wins because he has the dominant win over RDA. I think if Ferguson and Khabib both win, Ferguson should get the shot, and Khabib should fight Barboza for next shot after that. If Khabib wins and Ferguson loses, Khabib should get the title shot and RDA and Barboza should fight for shot after that. If Johnson and RDA win, RDA should get the shot, and Johnson should have a rematch with Barboza.

If RDA wins, it's hard to give him the shot over Khabib since A. RDA just lost the title in one round via knockout and B. Khabib beat RDA.

If RDA wins, it's hard to give him the shot over Khabib since A. RDA just lost the title in one round via knockout and B. Khabib beat RDA.
Yea I elaborated more in the post right above yours. And I agree with you.

I dont think RDA should get a title eliminator (and I like RDA), I think they should cycle through maybe Ferg/Khabib for a shot. I agree that its possible and probably they will throw RDA back into the mix quickly.

I dont think RDA should get a title eliminator (and I like RDA), I think they should cycle through maybe Ferg/Khabib for a shot. I agree that its possible and probably they will throw RDA back into the mix quickly.
Yea elaborated more a few posts down, I think Ferg gets it if he wins, if RDA and Khabib win, Khabib gets the shot.

We are assuming Conor will go near a fight with Khabib. I don't think I've ever heard Conor talk about khabib.

Back