I think Aldo's just trying to ensure he gets Pettis instead of Holloway...

Tony Ferguson

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
<{hmmm}>

didn't he just say he wanted Pettis and he was okay with waiting for Conor?

I think as soon as he realized he really wasn't fighting McGregor, he also realized the UFC was probably going to make him fight Max over Anthony -- and that Holloway very well can take his interim belt and then that fast, he's no longer fighting Conor & Max is (if he goes back to FW)

so he's saying he wants out of his contract -- knowing DAMN WELL Dana wants the rematch with him and Conor bad as all hell, he'd rather die than let Bellator pick up Aldo ... so they'll most likely tell him "look we'll @ least let you fight Pettis then in the mean time" to compensate him...

and that is absolute bullshit ... watch Pettis get the TS after that losing streak & one win over Max's 9 straight fights..

and then I'm going to lose my fucking mind .. lol the UFC is becoming such a joke

stop doing mental gymnastics. you already lost ur mind.

No. not at all Aldo doesn't care which of those he fights as long as he gets the ACTUAL belt.

There's just no fucking way in fuck that Holloway can be skipped over.

Nine fight win streak. That is all...

He can just wait on the sidelines for Conor, and Max and Pettis can fight for the double-interim belt. Everyone at the top of the division gets a belt and they don't fight each other. Like boxing.

stop doing mental gymnastics. you already lost ur mind.
how ? it makes perfect sense.. I've had multiple people agree with me and tell me it does.. he JUST said he wants Pettis over Max because he's a "money fight" -- now suddenly he wants out? knowing Dana wants him vs Conor himself? yeah okay lol it's a negotiating tactic

Holloway has handled his shit sandwich better than anyone within 3 divisions of the shit buffet. He should at least get Aldo for god's sake.

There's just no fucking way in fuck that Holloway can be skipped over.

Nine fight win streak. That is all...
they wuz all canz bruh. plus the showtime kick bruh.

I think they're both equally tough fights for him. Holloway has looked great lately.

No. not at all Aldo doesn't care which of those he fights as long as he gets the ACTUAL belt.
he said he wanted Anthony instead of Max because he's the "money fight" ... lol @ Pettis still being a money fight after all those losses and not being champ for so long, he just doesn't wanna fight Max because he knows he can take away his chances of fighting Connie.. he knows he wipes the floor with Pettis, the UFC knows they can't justify giving Anthony the TS over Holloway -- so Aldo pulls this stunt as a negotiating tactic, hoping they give him what he wants since he can't get his first choice in Conor .. it makes perfect sense !

They should all take Holloway's approach and try to make a name for themselves, make themselves the money fight, not chase Conor.

Aldo is the Goat FW, he shouldn't need Conor to get back to the promise land, he needs to realize a lot of ppl that aren't hardcore fans saw him get KOd in 13 seconds, there's more $$$ to be made and more appealing fights out there for Conor.

But how is it the "actual belt" if he's just gifted a title fight for the one McGregor gives up? It'll still, really, just be an interim belt and everyone knows it.

And that McGregor rematch is never happening. Aldo took a year+ to finally fight Connor after pulling out multiple times, got starched in 13 seconds, has all the promotional pull of a fencepost, speaks zero English in this age of shit-talk, said he'd fight Connor again anytime then didn't when Dos Anjos pulled out, and is now claiming (sure, maybe as leverage) that he doesn't even want to fight anymore. There's no sellable angle there.

This. Aldo frankly doesn't give a damn who's holding the title..he wants to fight for it.
If it happens to not be McG, he still wants a rematch with McG. Those were his conditions.

how ? it makes perfect sense.. I've had multiple people agree with me and tell me it does.. he JUST said he wants Pettis over Max because he's a "money fight" -- now suddenly he wants out? knowing Dana wants him vs Conor himself? yeah okay lol it's a negotiating tactic
Dana said he would force Conor to give up the belt or defend it. Aldo's reaction seems in direct response to that.

If you're right it'd be a yuge clown shoes moment by the UFC, but I don't think even they can justify anyone but Holloway getting the next shot. Pettis isn't even sure about fighting at 145 again, it's pretty obvious. He was gassed very badly in the fight with Oliveira and when asked about fighting at 145 another time, he gave a noncommittal answer. Not only does his 1 fight win streak not make him the number one contender, but his uncertainty over his future in the weight class does, too.

But how is it the "actual belt" if he's just gifted a title fight for the one McGregor gives up? It'll still, really, just be an interim belt and everyone knows it.

And that McGregor rematch is never happening. Aldo took a year+ to finally fight Connor after pulling out multiple times, got starched in 13 seconds, has all the promotional pull of a fencepost, speaks zero English in this age of shit-talk, said he'd fight Connor again anytime then didn't when Dos Anjos pulled out, and is now claiming (sure, maybe as leverage) that he doesn't even want to fight anymore. There's no sellable angle there.

Because if Conor gives up the belt, Conor isn't staying at FW, he is moving up (His trainer has said that he wants Conor to move up anyway as the weight cut is getting harder). That is how its the actual belt, if Conor is staying at FW if he loses to Alvarez, then he has to fight Aldo, so either way his next fight needs to be not for the interim belt.

To recap regardless of what leverage Aldo has, the next fight for Aldo has to be either Conor for the unified belt at FW, OR Max/Pettis for the unified belt. Conor if he stays at FW has to defend against Aldo.

<{hmmm}>

didn't he just say he wanted Pettis and he was okay with waiting for Conor?

I think as soon as he realized he really wasn't fighting McGregor, he also realized the UFC was probably going to make him fight Max over Anthony -- and that Holloway very well can take his interim belt and then that fast, he's no longer fighting Conor & Max is (if he goes back to FW)

so he's saying he wants out of his contract -- knowing DAMN WELL Dana wants the rematch with him and Conor bad as all hell, he'd rather die than let Bellator pick up Aldo ... so they'll most likely tell him "look we'll @ least let you fight Pettis then in the mean time" to compensate him...

and that is absolute bullshit ... watch Pettis get the TS after that losing streak & one win over Max's 9 straight fights..

and then I'm going to lose my fucking mind .. lol the UFC is becoming such a joke
Read the fucking front page material.

Well I mean...

They have to keep the legitimacy of the FuckeryW Interim belt intact.

This is so fucking bad.

Back