Why don't Americans support their own fighters?

Logicalbjj

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
It's a bit bizarre how people from New York are booing their own country man from the East Coast.

Instead they are cheering Conor and thinking that they are Irish.

The funny thing is if any of these "irish" Americans went to Ireland they wouldn't be considered Irish they would be considered American. A bit weird imo

All i'm saying is Americans aren't Irish they are American. They have really not a lot in common with Irish people

America is one big melting pot with lots of different backgrounds.

I find it refreshing that many Americans aren't overcome by foolish nationalism.

It's a bit bizarre how people from New York are booing their own country man from the East Coast.

The funny thing is if any of these "irish" Americans went to Ireland they wouldn't be considered Irish they would be considered American. A bit weird imo
I'm not particularly sure. I'm not white but a lot of people I know have an Irish heritage. They seem to take pride in it although most have never been to Ireland.

Kind of like when I see most black people act like Africa is the end all be all. I've been around a lot of Africans and they know I'm not one of them. They can see it in my face and the way I dress. I'm not African to them. I'm an American. I felt very out of place when I was hanging out in the Ghanian embassy in Germany.

So I have to cheer people that were born in close proximity to myself?
And not people that were born further away?

Okay.

Because the U.S. has probably the most diverse population of any country in the world. We're also not as xenophobic as we're made out to be. A fighter doesn't have to be from a specific country for me to be a fan of them.

Because years of progressive, anti-American, pro-globalism brainwashing via public education. That being said, I'm American but my favorite fighter is Lyoto Machida.

Why does it matter? It doesn't. I'll root for whoever I want regardless of the ethnicity. That's pretty shallow to blindly root for a fighter from your country for the sake of itself. That's what the olympics are for.

I find myself cheering from guys from my city (Chicago). Not that we have many in the UFC

Fuck knows but they're obsessed with heritage but sorry pal whatever it says on your passport that's what you are. All these Americans thinking they're Irish and Scottish etc is nonsense unless of their parents was actually born there then I'm not buying it.

Saxons and Celts come together to support McGod, that's why. And he's Irish so he gets a key to the city. You should know that. The Irish and Germans and Italians built NYC.

To quote the late great George Carlin, "I don't get all choked up about yellow ribbons and American flags."

If you are Irish or Italian you will be the favorite right here in the states.

Nobody is originally from this country.

So for years it was Americans being to nationalistic and only cheering for american fighters and now its the opposite, you fucking idiots need to make upi your minds

Back