Has a fighter ever been more disrespected by their promotion the Jose Aldo?

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is ranked #1 p4p at the time of his last fight and doesn't get a rematch after being champ for over half a decade. They make him fight for an interim belt and tell him the winner Gets to unify the belt after the champ takes his second fight without risking his belt or the champ will vacate the championship and the interim champ will become the true champion. They lie and give McGregor another fight outside of the 145 division.

One of the top 5 fighters of all time deserves to be treated better.

If its not in the contract he is stupid to bank on it happening.

Dana has insulted and screwed over tons of people, but his disrespect of Jose and GSP after the hendricks fight was pathetic

Dana has insulted and screwed over tons of people, but his disrespect of Jose and GSP after the hendricks fight was pathetic
One of your few posts I agree with completely. Dana is a joke.

GSP.

That happens when you're a boring point fighter. And I like GSP. Look at all those fighters they cut that shouldn't. It's all because no one likes to watch them fight.

With GSP though, I don't get it. He was a huge star.

Jose Aldo hasn't always been the best employee in the past. He got away with criticizing the brass a lot when he was an undefeated champ, but things have changed.

Maybe Matt Riddle. Not coincidentally, they both brought about the same value to their promotion

Hope it's a lesson to all fighters. Do not listen to Dana. If it doesn't benefit him, he doesn't care what benefits you and your career.

I think I might have to agree TS. With the exception of the words Aldo had for McGregor after losing to Diaz, he has been all fair game in my opinion. After getting injured in training camp before their first fight, Dana White did everything he could to downplay his injury and went on a borderline smear campaign for Aldo. McGregor deserves all the credit in the world for what he has accomplished thus far in his career, and I don't necessarily feel that he should be forced to go back down in weight to fight Aldo, but Aldo's resume is still amazing even with his loss to McGregor. I feel that the UFC should treat fighters of his level better.

Jose Aldo hasn't always been the best employee in the past. He got away with criticizing the brass a lot when he was an undefeated champ, but things have changed.
He has never been an employee of the UFC.

An instant rematch after 2 world tours and a 13 second finish was really not a realistic option. And lol that an interim shot is insulting. He gets a belt and no one can have a title fight at 145 without him.

cry me a river bitch boy. you know what i mean

stay saltyyyyyyyyyyyyy

13 SECONDS - BUTTHURT - TURNS DOWN REMATCH - READY TO RETIRE BECAUSE HE'S SHOOK
Dude... you are just a fan, don't talk like you are actually evolved. It just let's everyone know how big of a loser you really are.

You are only good to them if you can sell fights. That's how it's always been.

lol Aldo fans are P4P the saltiest fans in all of sports, never mind MMA or even combat sports....... Im talking all of sports lol

at least he got a long title reign. Khabib is being ducked hard by the UFC.

you must be trolling because he lost then got a chance for interim title now he bitches cuz conor is fighting at 155lbs just fight holloway win the fight and stfu. conor aint going back down anyways so stop ducking people.

GSP.

That happens when you're a boring point fighter. And I like GSP. Look at all those fighters they cut that shouldn't. It's all because no one likes to watch them fight.

With GSP though, I don't get it. He was a huge star.
Yeah, good point -- after he fought Hendricks, I believe if I'm not mistaken that he wasn't even allowed to attend the press conference. He never even really got to formally retire. He has alluded that one of the reasons why he hasn't returned is because he wasn't pleased with how Dana treated him there (if I recall correctly). He was a PPV stud, usually good for at least 700K buys.

He is ranked #1 p4p at the time of his last fight and doesn't get a rematch after being champ for over half a decade. They make him fight for an interim belt and tell him the winner Gets to unify the belt after the champ takes his second fight without risking his belt or the champ will vacate the championship and the interim champ will become the true champion. They lie and give McGregor another fight outside of the 145 division.

One of the top 5 fighters of all time deserves to be treated better.

Pulled out of half a dozen title fights, doesn't defend his belt for 1+ year
Refuses to learn English, constantly shits on his employer
Pulls out of fight with Conor 2 weeks out
Gets KTFO in 13 seconds
Gets offered rematch, ran
Title shot gets delayed for 1 year
Rage quits

THE END

Back