How will Conor deal with Alvarez' wrestling?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He couldn't defend takedowns from Mini Mendes so how will he defend takedowns in the big boys division?

By repeating "oh so you're wrestler now" everytime Eddie takes him down. It will make him confused and will be KOed easily by Conor

Alvarez is a better grappler than he is a wrestler who likes to test his striking a lot. Conu will have his opportunities to touch that chin.

I dont think he will have to much.

Alvarez was quick to throw hands/get pissed with RDA. He said he wont use the Pettis stragety but....he probably should.

The thing is #1 Eddie seems easily triggered into a dog fight and #2 Conor is like the best at pissing you off.

Also, I get the feeling that KO'ing Conor in NY would mean everything to him.

That being said, I think Conor would deal with the wrestling better than many think.

Eddie said at the press conference he'll stand with Conor. We'll see

Eddie's wrestling is overrated on Sherdog, most of his wrestling success is up against the cage, and he won't be able to back Conor up, he'll be the one backing up and lunging in with takedowns.

Honestly Conor will be licking his lips at the prospect of using Eddie as a punch bag, he's a very sloppy striker.

This is the most confident i've ever been in a 1st round KO.

since when was Eddie Alvarez some world class wrestler? Conor will punch his head off before Eddie even gets close to taking him down

Eddie's wrestling is overrated on Sherdog, most of his wrestling success is up against the cage, and he won't be able to back Conor up, he'll be the one backing up and lunging in with takedowns.

Honestly Conor will be licking his lips at the prospect of using Eddie as a punch bag, he's a very sloppy striker.

This is the most confident i've ever been in a 1st round KO.

Its not overrated. It's perfectly rated to take Conor down. Conor's TDD is a joke.

Mendes is a MUCH more accomplished wrestler than Alvarez.

If you know anything, which sounds like you don't, youd know Mendes is a much better wrestler than Alvarez

Thats the question.

Mcgregor will be one of the physically weakest fighters in the division at 155.

Look at how he struggled with Diaz who was probably the physically weakest fighter at 155.

The difference is Mcgregor will get to fight a guy the same height as him with a short reach and if he can keep the fight at range will win the standup vs fighting a guy 6 foot tall.

Strange that Conor's been took down only a handful of times in his entire career then?

LMAO considering who he's fought? Not surprising. The UFC went out of their way to keep him away from guys like Edgar. Mendes was tooling him before he gassed from 8 days short notice

Poor old Edward is doomed I'm afraid.

Back