Can Conor take Alvarez's overhand right?

Cat Biscuits

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Since many of you think it's only a matter of Conor being able to land a shot in 25 minutes, what happens when Eddie lands his shot?

Can Conor take a shot from Eddie is the question. Conor was hurt from a 1 2 from Diaz, who isn't a power puncher.

oUEy37ZhQk0jC.gif

What happens when Eddie lands the harder shot like he did against RDA? Head. Clean. Off. Conor will be back to panic wrestling, if he's still even standing at that point.

636037943898744347-807020926_AlvarezFirstHook.gif

See, trolling is easy. It's only a matter of time before Conor gasses, then Eddie lands on Conor and wins the fight.

AAA2.jpg

Conor was able to counter faster and more explosive punches

Seems like Conor haters have a new thing to comment about : Conor gas out , he gas out in 2 rounds...
they seems to forget that conor in 145 was able to go 3 rounds with max holloway throwing spinning kicks , jumping kicks tons of punches per second without even taking a deep breath.
Yeah conor's cardio wasn't that good at 170 but he will be absolutely better at his own weight 155 or 145

Last edited:
Eddie gets wobbled a lot though. Most of those who have been wobbled by Conor in the past has been put down hard.

Since many of you think it's only a matter of Conor being able to land a shot in 25 minutes, what happens when Eddie lands his shot?

Can Conor take a shot from Eddie is the question. Conor was hurt from a 1 2 from Diaz, who isn't a power puncher.

oUEy37ZhQk0jC.gif

What happens when Eddie lands the harder shot like he did against RDA? Head. Clean. Off. Conor will be back to panic wrestling, if he's still even standing at that point.

See, trolling is easy. It's only a matter of time before Conor gasses, then Eddie lands on Conor and wins the fight.

AAA2.jpg
I Agree. Also, since Eddie wrestled in high school, he is far, far superior to conor on the ground. I see the fight going to the mat and Eddie winning by GNP or RNC.

Eddies chin and brainstem are atrophing. One well placed shot and he's getting shut off

Eddie struggles against people who are good at counter striking and distance, but excels at fighting pushers.

Conor is a distance fighter who counters, this is going to be rough.

Nate hurt Conor mostly because he was gassed at that point.

oUEy37ZhQk0jC.gif

AAA2.jpg
The thing is tho Eddie most likely is incapable of landing that shot. Conor is such a better striker I don't expect this fight to be even kind of competitive on the feet. & I expected nate vs conor 1 to be competitive. But Eddie's arms are too short & he's to sloppy. Unless he comes in looking like chael sonnen with his chain wrestling he's getting tko'd fairly quickly.

If Eddie trades with Conor it will look like the Porier fight.

I Agree. Also, since Eddie wrestled in high school, he is far, far superior to conor on the ground. I see the fight going to the mat and Eddie winning by GNP or RNC.
He wrestled in high school? What an accomplishment!

well this fight can go both ways.

despite my hatred for irish jabroni he is a great fighter but he puts himself in a position where, albeit his victories in FW he has more flaws than most of his nuthuggers think he doesn't. Having said that, this fight can be won by McG if he ko alvarez in THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS. eddie tends to get tagged and McG hits hard after that it goes for eddie. and for alvarez he has to take the fight to the ground OR exploit irish jabroni counter punching game as a southpaw (making him lead and circle away from the left hand) but i dont see that since irish jabroni has a reach advantage over eddie.

either way to me i see eddie winning but the real question regardless if eddie wins or not is how he can overcome the reach and the striking of irish jabroni now that we all know he has to use wrestling.

Seems like Conor haters have a new thing to comment about : Conor gas out , he gas out in 2 rounds...
they seems to forget that conor in 145 was able to go 3 rounds with max holloway throwing spinning kicks , jumping kicks tons of punches per second without even taking a deep breath.
Yeah conor's cardio wasn't that good at 170 but he will be absolutely better at his own weight 155 or 145
Nope cutting weight will make his cardio worse. I know it seems crazy but fighting at the same weight you spent your entire camp at is beneficial. Absolutely hilarious Connor fans think his cardio was worse because he didn't cut weight and dehydrate himself.

they seems to forget that conor in 145 was able to go 3 rounds with max holloway throwing spinning kicks , jumping kicks tons of punches per second.

How much did Conor weigh in fight day agains Nate on both fights? I doubt he'll come in at 155 the day of the fight. His cardio will be better but also remember he had a camp specifically for Nate and will have a shorter camp this time around. Even then Conor slowed down significatnly after the 2nd round. Never came close to putting Nate away. And Nate took Conor down at the end of the 5 round.

This could be another war for Conor.

Nope cutting weight will make his cardio worse. I know it seems crazy but fighting at the same weight you spent your entire camp at is beneficial. Absolutely hilarious Connor fans think his cardio was worse because he didn't cut weight and dehydrate himself.
eh don't have to dehydrate himself at 155 . this is the weight he should fight in.
as for your point, if cutting weight was bad, how was he able to go 2 and 3 rounds against Mendes, siver, holloway ?
he was throwing way more punches and kicks than he did in the Second diaz fight, yet he didn't gas out

I don't really think so, if a basic 1-2 from Diaz fucked him up an Eddie bomb will present a real problem.

The thing is tho Eddie most likely is incapable of landing that shot. Conor is such a better striker I don't expect this fight to be even kind of competitive on the feet. & I expected nate vs conor 1 to be competitive. But Eddie's arms are too short & he's to sloppy. Unless he comes in looking like chael sonnen with his chain wrestling he's getting tko'd fairly quickly.

Chad was able to hit Conor flush. Conor does get hit. Fact is many of his fans admitted he'll take one just to land his. But Conor is yet to put away a 155lb'er away in the UFC. He beat Nate because he realized he could not put that man away. Eddie may prove to be just as durable. He'll he's proven it so far.

Conor got wobbled and panic wrestled but I think a lot had to do with his gas tank in the first Nate fight. Eddie has great power and great wrestling and may be able to set up a few power shots off his wrestling. It is a 5 round fight this time and that may be an advantage for Eddie as well.

Conor hits hard, that is a given. Eddie has been rocked in so many fights but has the heart to keep rolling and recover most of the time. In my humble opinion, this fight is a flip of the coin.

Back