Conor's Legacy If He Wins

george14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know it's always feast or famine with anything related to Conor so maybe we can keep it civil, but would you consider this a legendary achievement? If you don't already consider him a great, would this do it for you?

This is an interesting fight to me because we have never seen Conor at 155 (in the UFC at least) and he is facing a guy many think will destroy him. He would be a 2 division champ with a good win at 170 as well. This is very impressive in the P4P discussions because rarely do you seem guys accomplish this stuff.

Thoughts?

It would be most legendary if he were to had defended his belt first rather than losing a fight & fighting outside his division then go on to beat a longtime LW champion...just saying...

This will make him an all-time legend. There are a lot of people who can't stand that or simply can't handle it, so they'll be in shortly to tell you it means nothing because he didn't 'earn' his title shot or hasn't defended his other belt yet.

You don't continually climb smaller mountains before challenging yourself with larger ones.

This is epic shit.

It's too bad GSP never did this kinda stuff.

History is going paint Conor with much friendlier strokes compared to GSP on account of his willingness to fight above his weight class.

All-time great and one of the GOATs of lighter weight classes.

This will make him an all-time legend. There are a lot of people who can't stand that or simply can't handle it, so they'll be in shortly to tell you it means nothing because he didn't 'earn' his title shot or hasn't defended his other belt yet.
That's if he wins... Otherwise he's just some fool who's gone 1-2 as a "champion" & that 1 wasn't even a defense or a dominant victory :p

The fact that we're talking about manlet divisions here makes this potential "accomplishment" absolutely irrelevant

It would be an amazing feat. I still think Penn moving up to fight Hughes and win the WW title is a lot more spectacular though. Just my opinion.

You don't continually climb smaller mountains before challenging yourself with larger ones.

This is epic shit.

It's too bad GSP never did this kinda stuff.

It's great that after Anderson, GSP and Bones teased us for years with potential champ vs. champ super fights we finally get to see one.

So when Conor defends a belt in the near future, what are the haters going to hate on?

The fact that we're talking about manlet divisions here makes this potential "accomplishment" absolutely irrelevant
176.gif

So when Conor defends a belt in the near future, what are the haters going to hate on?

Shhhhhhhh It's their last shred of hope that he doesn't go back to defend vs a guy he K.O'd 10 months ago.

That's if he wins... Otherwise he's just some fool who's gone 1-2 as a "champion" & that 1 wasn't even a defense or a dominant victory :p
You mean in the thread that asks 'if Conor wins'? Yeah, I went ahead and followed that assumption.

P.S., Randy lost as champ (in his weight class and without a defense) and went right on being champ as well. And that was before he started getting a new title shot every time he lost.

It's great that after Anderson, GSP and Bones teased us for years with potential champ vs. champ super fights we finally get to see one.
Anderson nearly did it with Forrest. Griffin was the champion 6 months before Silva made him look ridiculous.

He'll rank up there with The Honky Tonk Man as the greatest Intercontinental Champion of aaaaaaaaaalll times!!!
<20>

If he wins, he'll be among the greats IMO. If not, he's the first champion to go 1-2 and still hold a belt.

It means nothing.

Two guys who never defended the title, who gives a shit?

Back