Is Matt Wiman ever coming back?

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what's up with Handsome Matt Wiman? It's been almost 2 years since he last fought. I googled to see if there was any recent news but the last thing I saw was from after the fight with IVF where he said he had some issues and needed some time off but now he's ready to resume his fighting career. Dude was a really good fighter and entertaining too. If he's retired from the game or just taking an extended hiatus I hope it's on his own terms. Any of you bros have any up to date info?

Like @conorgoat said, he's had lingering back issues that have held him out of competition for a while. On top of that he suffers from anxiety before fights that are nearly over the top mental breakdowns. I'm glad he's stepping away to heal mentally and physically. Maybe we shall see him again in the future but who knows, he's had a decent career and best of luck to him.

That slick armbar he pulled on Sassangle was my fav memory of him.

You posted this in the Conor mcgregor forum section. Just thought you should know that. Honest mistake by you.

Also, his record is 16-7 but it really should be 18-5 because he got fucked by the judges in both the Stout and the Siver fights imo.

He should fight kj noons. If he's even still around

Also, his record is 16-7 but it really should be 18-5 because he got fucked by the judges in both the Stout and the Siver fights imo.

17-5*. He never choked out Mac Danzig.

He's a great fighter, I haven't seen anything official that he's retired just yet, he may come back.

I remember seeing him KO Tavares live, the biggest win of his career at UFC 85, what a card that was to be there live!

Ahh, i remember him. He must be retired

17-5*. He never choked out Mac Danzig.

He's a great fighter, I haven't seen anything official that he's retired just yet, he may come back.

I remember seeing him KO Tavares live, the biggest win of his career at UFC 85, what a card that was to be there live!

Oh yea that's a good point. That was a bad call by Yves. But they had a rematch and Wiman whooped him right? Takedown, GnP, rinse repeat for 3 rounds? Or am I remembering that wrong. Good call on the Tavares KO that was an awesome fight.

He's currently training to become the Worlds Most Interesting man

Oh yea that's a good point. That was a bad call by Yves. But they had a rematch and Wiman whooped him right? Takedown, GnP, rinse repeat for 3 rounds? Or am I remembering that wrong. Good call on the Tavares KO that was an awesome fight.

Yeah, Wiman beat Danzig soundly in the rematch.

Back