Connor getting the title shot is a disgrace to the sport

Hroros

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Connor have showed nothing to validate a title shot. He barley won over Nick who is ranked 4th, after losing to the same guy in a crushing defeat.

UFC is all about money now, and I hope this will change, but I doubt it.

Why Connor not yet didn't lose his belt is a mystery, since he showed no will to go down to this weight.

UFC really have to step their game up or all this circus will go down the drain.

Connor have showed nothing to validate a title shot. He barley won over Nick who is ranked 4th, after losing to the same guy in a crushing defeat.

Why Connor not yet didn't lose his belt is a mystery, since he showed no will to go down to this weight.

UFC really have to step their game up or all this circus will go down the drain.

Shut up. You don't even know who he fought.

And you think another record breaking ppv is gonna make the UFC go down the drain? lol.

"Connor getting the title shot is a disgrace to the sport"

Well, I believe that Conor getting the title shot shows that this is not a sport, yet, but a show.

Completely agree TS but the 'sport' belongs to a different kind of fan and caters more to that different kind of fan: the casual. The casual simply brings in more money for the promotions and the fights he desires will always be the fights that are made.

Fans like me and you love MMA and want to see the right fights made or at least want to see the big fights earned. But right now the casuals like WWE antics and accents. It's out of our hands unfortunately.

How come he's a betting favorite, and Eddie is an underdog? If Conor has no business fighting for LW belt, shouldn't Eddie be a heavy favorite?

How come he's a betting favorite, and Eddie is an underdog? If Conor has no business fighting for LW belt, shouldn't Eddie be a heavy favorite?

Because stupid MMA fans.

MMA odds in general = Thank You

PED users winning titles is a disgrace to the sport, McGregor v Alvarez is not, it's as good a fight as any either fighter could have defending their respective belts.
They needed something big for NY and two belt holders fighting is it.

People completely change when you throw a lot of money at them.

raw

Shut up. You don't even know who he fought.

And you think another record breaking ppv is gonna make the UFC go down the drain? lol.

Thats a disgraceful mistake. Still the point is valid.

It's his retard fans. They are doing this. Blame them.

Completely agree TS but the 'sport' belongs to a different kind of fan and caters more to that different kind of fan: the casual. The casual simply brings in more money for the promotions and the fights he desires will always be the fights that are made.

Fans like me and you love MMA and want to see the right fights made or at least want to see the big fights earned. But right now the casuals like WWE antics and accents. It's out of our hands unfortunately.

what are "the right fights"?

belts are a promotional tool to get the fans more interested in the fights....they're really meaningless.

the rankings are made by retarded journalists, meaningless.

The problem is that everyone has a different vision of what "the right fights" are.

enough with this sport bullshit

MMA isn't a fucking sport

It has never been a sport. I got over this shit when i stopped pretending it was too.

The UFConor isn't a sport.

Wake up.

what are "the right fights"?

belts are a promotional tool to get the fans more interested in the fights....they're really meaningless.

the rankings are made by retarded journalists, meaningless.

The problem is that everyone has a different vision of what "the right fights" are.

Look, I like money fights too. Diaz vs McGregor was a money fight and I loved it. I also think that if a fighter is healthy and able to fight and carrying a championship title around like it means something .. he should defend it.

I think THAT is the right fight. I'm not ashamed of thinking something that should be obvious. If that makes me not the typical ufc fan these days I am immensely proud of that. Ufc fans and I guess MMA fans as a whole disgust me at this point.

Back