Well played UFE

Cat Biscuits

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Looks like the UFC has ditched their name for a change. UFE (Ultimate Fighting Entertainment) because rankings and legitimacy don't matter, it's all just a popularity contest anyways. What a joke. How many title shot rematches are they going to give to Conor before he eventually wins one and "makes history" by holding 2 belts at once while never defending them?

I'm almost certain that if Conor wins, he's going to ask to hold on to 2 belts for however many gifted title shots and rematches it takes for him to win 3 belts and make "history" again. Of course Dana and his fans will agree that he "earned it" by gifting him as many title shots as he needs.

Eddie was right, UFE trying to manufacture greatness.

I used to enjoy watching the UFC, but at this point, Bellator is more legit than the UFE. I feel bad for all the fighter who have to deal with this bullshit.

I used to enjoy watching the UFC, but at this point, Bellator is more legit than the UFE.
Shamrock vs Gracie is more legit than Conor vs Alvarez?

lol alright buddeh

And there was no "back in the day" when money fights were passed on for "legitimate" fights. Couture would lose one belt and immediately challenge for another one. Where's the legitimacy there? Or maybe you mean PRIDE, home of the freakshow fight?

You wanna be pissed off about this fight, that's fine. Just stop pretending this is some sudden change in the way the game works. It's always been like this.

actual_1339604802.jpg

I say don't fret about it. No way in hell Conor wins 3 belts, and even if he wins two he wont be able to face competition from both weight classes at the same time.

It never was legit but I think its funny that people are only starting to realize that just now.

What happens if he holds both belts and loses then both in the first defense?

Looks like the UFC has ditched their name for a change. UFE (Ultimate Fighting Entertainment) because rankings and legitimacy don't matter, it's all just a popularity contest anyways. What a joke. How many title shot rematches are they going to give to Conor before he eventually wins one and "makes history" by holding 2 belts at once while never defending them?

I'm almost certain that if Conor wins, he's going to ask to hold on to 2 belts for however many gifted title shots and rematches it takes for him to win 3 belts and make "history" again. Of course Dana and his fans will agree that he "earned it" by gifting him as many title shots as he needs.

I used to enjoy watching the UFC, but at this point, Bellator is more legit than the UFE. I feel bad for all the fighter who have to deal with this bullshit.
It had always been about rating and personalities. I am sorry that you are such a mark you bought the whole legit sport spiel.

When was the UFC ever 'legitimate' in your estimation?

Guess people always looked past the "Entertainment" in Sports "Entertainment"

Kimbo vs Dada

Lol stfu.
Well the UFC did promote 2 fights and 1 season of the Ultimate Fighter featuring Kimbo. Which I guess goes to show that the UFC's modus operandi hasn't changed at all. Means TS's beef is entirely with Conor.

Well if he loses he will get a rematch because of personal stuff he had happened to him, so you know in advance.

If your posts are this bad thank god there has only been 2k in 14 years, this is some serious backwards ass shit.

I say don't fret about it. No way in hell Conor wins 3 belts, and even if he wins two he wont be able to face competition from both weight classes at the same time.

Ah see you're missing his strategy here. If he wins the lightweight belt he won't defend it either but he'll still be "champion" and he'll spam welterweight title shots until he eventually wins it. Then he'll "hold" three belts at once. ;)

Well the UFC did promote 2 fights and 1 season of the Ultimate Fighter featuring Kimbo. Which I guess goes to show that the UFC's modus operandi hasn't changed at all. Means TS's beef is entirely with Conor.

TUF is a place for young/inexperienced fighters looking for a way into the UFC. Having Kimbo on a season with a bunch of football players with less fights than him was appropriate. Then he fought Houston and Mitrione, the latter a football player with practically zero fights and the former a guy with experience but only regional level. Those were appropriate. Comparing them to the freakshow that was Dada vs. Kimbo in 2016 is disingenuous.

Back