Get Rid of the Belts already. Belts/Rankings mean nothing. Lets just make Fights/Catchweight Fights

Leroy Jenkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Get rid of those POS.

I get it UFC, I get it. You need to advertise people as champs but really who gives a shit, lets just make fights then, fuck rankings and fuck belts.

They obviously don't mean jack shit. It will be much better if we got rid of them and just made fucking fights.

Imagine Aldo vs Khabib....Conor vs Pettis....Rumble vs Roy Nelson...Wonderboy vs Anderson Silva...the list goes on.

So fuck belts, it's time to make the best match ups.

I'm like fuck it! Put a cookie in the middle of the cage and let them fight for that. It means about the same thing.

The belt means nothing, it's just a "trophy".

That was the UFC's official argument when BJ Penn tried to sue them to get his belt back when he left for Japan back in the day.

The title has no relation to a boxing title. It's just a trophy that the UFC gives you for being a good boy.

So what would they fight for?

To be the winner...To be recognized as the best...I mean if you keep destroying people, you will be recognized as a badass regardless.

For

hqdefault.jpg

The belt means nothing, it's just a "trophy".

That was the UFC's official argument when BJ Penn tried to sue them to get his belt back when he left for Japan back in the day.

The title has no relation to a boxing title. It's just a trophy that the UFC gives you for being a good boy.

I always liked the PRIDE trophies.

I like belts, and I don't mind if the UFC plays fast and loose with them. I just want #1 contender bouts to be 5 rounds.

Just because the UFC is making a mockery of belts doesn't mean they should get rid of them. Instead of getting rid of belts let's get rid of Dana and Goldie..

Get rid of those POS.

I get it UFC, I get it. You need to advertise people as champs but really who gives a shit, lets just make fights then, fuck rankings and fuck belts.

They obviously don't mean jack shit. It will be much better if we got rid of them and just made fucking fights.

Imagine Aldo vs Khabib....Conor vs Pettis....Rumble vs Roy Nelson...Wonderboy vs Anderson Silva...the list goes on.

So fuck belts, it's time to make the best match ups.
Belt have always been a promotional tool from day 1 in combat sports. They originate from professional wrestling so I am sorry you marks fell for it.

I like belts, and I don't mind if the UFC plays fast and loose with them. I just want #1 contender bouts to be 5 rounds.

I'm on board with it. Belts matter, and they still matter as much as ever. I'd even argue that they matter more in some ways given that most divisions don't have a clear cut top dog. True, the UFC should probably strip McGregor at this point, but I don't think it's a huge deal. All these chicken little fans crying about the sky falling, but there's no real problem at all.

36058448.jpg

get rid of the cage, the gloves, the ref and the judges alltogether

hell.... lets make it to the death

Back