Alvarez is going to make it a boring fight.

MasterWhoosaa

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I read somewhere that alvarez said things like this:

"There's a simple way to win against this guy and nobody seems to be doing it. It's really frustrating to watch."

"Yes (take him down)! I feel like he'll look foolish. I honestly feel it could be an embarrassment. It could be like everyone in the crowd going, 'Wow, that was it? Why didn't anybody else do that?' It could be that surprising to people. That's how I feel. We just haven't seen him there."

If he is only going for takedowns I hope its not going to be the same boring as DC vs Anderson Silva.

If alvarez wants money fights and keep getting money fights he has to beat Conor in a standup fight.
The fans like standup.

All these threads have one thing in common.

Join date either March or September.

Or he's going to grab Conor and throw him to the ground... then smash him.

Of course, why would you use a great tool to win the match much easier.......
Im fucking tired of money matches and want this to go back to being a sport instead of just entertainment

He's going to TRY to do that.

He may be successful too, like he was against Pettis.

Or Conor might find his chin early.

We'll see, I guess.

This forum would be full of crying and compalining Conor fanboys.

If Eddie is smart, he will do exactly that.

Yes, Eddie could outstrike McGregor and get the win that way. But why risk it? It's MMA, take the fight where you need it to be to give yourself the best chance at winning.

It gonna look like the pettis fight.

He'd be wise to get the win the best way he feels he could. If he is confident it's via take downs and ground game then go for it.

Best case scenario is that Alvarez easily lays on top of Conor for 5 rounds, completely negates him...frustrating all his little fan boys in the process and ending Conor's 155 hopes and dreams. Forcing the manlet back to making his rough 145 cuts...or better yet, dropping that belt entirely.

That's the best case scenario with this bullshit of a fight.

If Alvarez is smart, he would make it an exciting fighting and not win too convincingly. If he dominates Conor, that means Khabib next and bye bye belt.

If he just barely beats Conor, maybe taken him down first, soften him up for 2-3 rounds, then "inexplicably" stands and bangs with Conor for better part of last two rounds (but always shooting in for a take-down if in danger), then he'll have given Conor and his fans hope that a rematch would be different. Then make even more money in the rematch a la Nate Diaz. Otherwise, winning too easy means a fight with Khabib for less money and fade into obscurity.

If alvarez wants money fights and keep getting money fights he has to beat Conor in a standup fight.
The fans like standup.

He's already got the fight that is going to change his bum life, I dont think he needs to worry after that(who else is a money fight cept for Conor really).

he's going to take him down, connie is going to get tired because of that, and he will proceed to TKO gnp or submit him

It gonna look like the pettis fight.
hope not, because he wasn't that succesful with his takedowns

but I saw him executing a great double leg takedown against RDA. if he does that against connie, it will go a lot better than against pettis

All these threads have one thing in common.

Join date either March or September.
pablo_escobar2.jpg

Best case scenario is that Alvarez easily lays on top of Conor for 5 rounds, completely negates him...frustrating all his little fan boys in the process and ending Conor's 155 hopes and dreams. Forcing the manlet back to making his rough 145 cuts...or better yet, dropping that belt entirely.

That's the best case scenario with this bullshit of a fight.

For you, but not for 90% of UFC fans, Dana White, sports media and not even for Alvarez himself because that means Khabib next will easily lay on top of Alvarez for 5 rounds and there goes Alvarez' chances at another pay day.

I think alvarez himself wanted to be a big name in ufc right ?

Wrestling isnt gonna make him popular. Its just boring to watch most of the time. Thats why I said, I hope its not going to be like the DC vs Silva fight.

I watch UFC to watch great fights.

Thats why I like conor, diaz, silva, Anthony Johnson, Donald Cerrone etc.

My Join date doesn't matter, I have been watching this forum for a long time.
(I used to be a boxing fan but switched to mostly mma now)

Great, so Dana will have an excuse to give Conor another instant rematch in case he loses.

The fight everyone should be looking into is Mendez v Conor, I think this plays out very similar to it but going all 5 rounds. This is not going to be a flash KO by Conor. But he has shown great fight IQ and improved versatility. Can he get up from Alvarez and can he keep long enough to win rounds on the feet?

I think it'll be a very exciting fight.

Back