All the ducking these days is sad

ChoKuRei

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean what does Khabib have to do to get a title shot? 23-0, 7-0 in the UFC.... Its crazy. If he was a good looking american man he would have already had his title shot.

How the fuck do all these "defending champions" get away with hand picking their opponents so they can cling onto their 15 minutes a little longer. Ridiculous. If you are at the top of the mountain you should face anyone coming up to take you out, simple as that.

Cool story bro.

lol-duck.gif

I mean what does Khabib have to do to get a title shot? 23-0, 7-0 in the UFC.... Its crazy. If he was a good looking american man he would have already had his title shot.

How the fuck do all these "defending champions" get away with hand picking their opponents so they can cling onto their 15 minutes a little longer. Ridiculous. If you are at the top of the mountain you should face anyone coming up to take you out, simple as that.
His 2 knee injuries are why he hasn't had a title shot yet if we want to be honest.

Ferguson deserves more than Khabib. Having that record without beating anyone but RDA doesn't mean shit.

Khabib should fight Barboza, then yes he would deserve it.

But even then, Ferguson is fighting RDA, if he wins then he should be the one to get it.

To be fair it has a lot more to do with Conor being a diva than Khabib not being american.

I mean what does Khabib have to do to get a title shot?
maybe fight someone in the top 10? How about just fight? He could have fought at 200 and got his shot had he won. He refused.

I'll lay it out nice and simple for all of you who haven't figured this out already...

-The UFC is a business.
-The goal of a business is to make as much revenue as possible and maximize profits.

So the UFC will always, and have always made the biggest money fights possible. Usually the biggest money fight is the champion and the #1 contender. Sometimes it's not, sometimes there is a big money generator who is going to take precedent over the #1 contender. It happens. People will remember Chuck being asked to step aside so they could do Tito/Shamrock 1. This is nothing new. The big stars get special treatment, this is just how the world works.

Simple, fight more than once a year.

He needs to fight with some real consistency. Could you imagine if he fought for the belt and then immediately got hurt and didn't fight for over a year? People have been talking about this guy literally for years on here yet I don't really get any excitement when I hear about him because I never see the guy fight consistently.

Like has been said, not get injured so much, and be a better draw. He'll get his chance soon if he gets active again, and he wont be stopped.

Insh'Allah.

Nothing happens unless decreed by Allah. All praise to Allah.

Don't worry, be happy Khabib. Maybe Khabib just needs to pray harder.

Conor bless.

I'm a huge Khabib's fan... But this is ridiculous.

Do I believe that he could easily be Champion??? Yes!!

Does he deserve a Title shot??? Absolutely not!!

People act like he beat Dos Anjos when he was the Champ. He wasn't. Khabib's beat 1 top 10 fighter in the last 3 years. 1!!

Every other fighter in the top 5, and really the top 10 is way more deserving of a Title shot. Not only do they actually fight regularly... They actually fight ranked opponents when they do fight.

There is a lot of ducking nonsense in terms of sport. I understand the argument of business and revenue, but as a fan of sport first and entertainment second remember that SOMEONE DESERVING of opportunity is left out to dry trying to support their family while the champion takes the money fight. Remember that.

I find some more excusable, and others more shameful in terms of sport.

Conor taking the rematch with Diaz is the smallest offense in the discussion considering he rematch a guy that MOPPED him up immediately, not giving him a big window to improve. Aldo was left out to fight Frankie...but with the way the first one went as a fan I'm not really bothered he went for the LW that whooped him over the FW he crushed (plus Aldo turned it down anyway, but this fight was part of the "ducking" convo)

Michael Bisping fighting Dan Henderson. Bisping didn't out right call out Henderson over the other contenders, it was pushed by the fans and the UFC. The fact Bisping KOed Luke on 1 week notice as a fighter who realistically does not have the skills or athleticism to hold the belt in the current landscape is remarkable (being Luke's contributing approach or not). He's fighting a guy that embarrassed him worse then any other fighter, the receiving end of one of MMA's greatest HLs of all time. Bisping's only chance to get this fight his now with the belt as incentive to grab Henderson. The division has no real #1 contender. Luke and Chris coming of losses. Romero coming off a failed drug test, and Jacare off a 1 fight win streak. Let a contender emerge to end Bisping's title.

Aldo ducking Holloway. Aldo calling out Pettis is a flagrant duck of Holloway. A guy that is 1-4 who had a back and forth fight with a guy who isn't a top dog. Max has a fucking 8 fight win streak....

Woodley attempting to duck Wonderboy. Woodley calling out GSP is perfectly fine, but calling out Diaz a guy that hasn't one a fight in the division in years was a flagrant duck.

Alvarez ACCEPTING a challenge from McGregor. Alvarez can get flack for taking a fight over Ferguson or Khabib, but in his situation the money is WAY TOO good to turn down. This situation differs from Woodley in the sense McGregor has a FW has to challenge Alvarez to even get this talk going. Woodley was not challenged publicly by Diaz. So the situation is different.

Back