So Eddie Alvarez is now Sherdog's newest hope

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Mendes, Aldo and eventually Diaz all failed. All were supposedly bad match ups for him but Conor prevailed. He unleashed fury on them. One lasted 13 seconds, the other 2 rounds, whilst the third (who was significantly heavier and taller) got slapped around for 6.5 rounds out of 7.

Fight%2BFinish%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BChad%2BMendes.gif

giphy.gif

The next one on the butchering line is Eddie Alvarez, who whilst undoubtedly is a very good and dangerous fighter, is once again being touted as some untouchable beast like his predecessors by lots of people here.

Eddie has been a decision fighter in the UFC for the most part. His win over Dos Anjos was very impressive. But that was Dos Anjos.

Is this a tough fight? Yes. But Conor has to be the favourite here. Dos Anjos or anyone Alvarez has faced in the past - they don't move like Conor does, they don't hit like Conor does. Fighting at 155, Conor will be even quicker on his feet, moving even better.

That left will connect with Alvarez at some stage and put his lights out. I'm telling you now - Conor will KO him within two rounds.

They need somebody to believe in but he, like the others, will fail.

Rest up Eddie, the king is coomin'.

IMG_0189.GIF

*I picked Eddie over RDA by the way, worthy of note.

Last edited:
Conor will destroy alvarez. Conor has the best boxing in the UFC as demonstrated on Diaz, and alvarez doesnt have the gas tank or chin nate has.

alvarez will be ko'd in the 3rd

020_Conor_chucking_Can.0.0.0.jpg 272.jpg emma-watson-33f8bbe4-a84f-4d08-bdc3-da0866212ff6.jpg

Last edited:
Soon there will be so many Alvarez fans on SD. Only up until he losses tho.

Alvarez will look to shoot in wall n stall or lay n pray, but end up Ko'd stiff.

Head. clean. off.

Being a Conor hater isn't better than being a Khabib fan these days. <2>

I like you Toco. This post hurt me.

giphy.gif
<{boneytears}>

but really, chad had an * on it, short notice, gassed pretty quickly. aldo, yes, it happened, but a rematch would be way different
and then he lost badly against nate (giving the context, all the trashtalking and all that), to only squeak out a majority decision win against

yes, he can (T)KO eddie, but if eddie comes in with his emotions in check, hard night for connie

I don't think Eddie is the guy who will beat Conor. I see Conor being too fast and accurate for him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back