UFC titles are meaningless now...

thehighking

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I watch UFC because I want to see the very best fighters in the world fighting for the world championship. The UFC title was once regarded as the most important belt in MMA. Now we have the disputed FW champion Conor Mcgregor getting a shot at the lightweight title after both a loss and a close decision to Nate Diaz. He hasn't ever defended his title. This will be his third fight in a different weight class and he still hasn't been stripped. It's not fair to put the FW division on hold like this. I'm disgusted with the way this has gone. Aldo is the greatest featherweight of all time and UFC are treating him like dirt. As a fight fan I think Conor Mcgregor was the worst thing to ever happen to MMA. The titles are meaningless now

I watch UFC because I want to see the very best fighters in the world fighting for the world championship. The UFC title was once regarded as the most important belt in MMA. Now we have the disputed FW champion Conor Mcgregor getting a shot at the lightweight title after both a loss and a close decision to Nate Diaz. He hasn't ever defended his title. This will be his third fight in a different weight class and he still hasn't been stripped. It's not fair to put the FW division on hold like this. I'm disgusted with the way this has gone. Aldo is the greatest featherweight of all time and UFC are treating him like dirt. As a fight fan I think Conor Mcgregor was the worst thing to ever happen to MMA. The titles are meaningless now

Waaaaaaa. The most versatile and one of best pound for pound fighters wants to challenge at 155 who is also the biggest draw... Yea the rankings should be meaningless in that case.

What do you mean now? UFC titles have been a joke for years...

Aldo vs holloway is a pretty good fight.

Book that for 206

Waaaaaaa. The most versatile and one of best pound for pound fighters wants to challenge at 155 who is also the biggest draw... Yea the rankings should be meaningless in that case.
The best P4P fighters don't get whooped by an out of shape Nate Diaz lol

Aldo is the greatest featherweight of all time and UFC are treating him like dirt. As a fight fan I think Conor Mcgregor was the worst thing to ever happen to MMA. The titles are meaningless now
Ya if you are an aldo fan, conor is probably the worst thing to ever happen. but hey he did get rich.

How have they treated aldo like dirt? They gave him a fake belt to keep his spirits up. I am glad conor is fighting out of the division that he obliterated with ease. .

I wish Demetrious would follow suit.

The UFC is becoming meaningless now.

Ya if you are an aldo fan, conor is probably the worst thing to ever happen. but hey he did get rich.
Even Mcgregor beats Aldo that will be fine but he can't just avoid fighting him because there is a high risk of losing. That is ducking plain and simple

Have fun with Bellator

Lol, just lol

Sorry that you want to watch a sport where champs never fight each other and matchmakers never have fun

Rizin is the only thing that can save MMA

Jesus...a lot of salty Brazilians around.

You boy fucked around and fought once a year. he had his chance to fight Conor after RDA but he chickened out. "I'll fight him anywhere even on the street...sorry I'm not ready..." The UFC want people that fight, not people that make excuses.

I like watching fights, Conor vs Eddie is a very compelling fight. Conor vs Aldo 2 is not compelling to anyone besides Aldo fans.

This fight will be huge, one of the biggest ever, it will raise the profile of the whole sport just like UFC 202 did.

If you want to watch the best fight the best, what's the problem with Conor vs Eddie? Are they not the best in their divisions? Did Conor not knock Aldo out in 13 seconds? Did Aldo not defending the belt for 14 months make him not the best in the division prior to actually losing the belt?

Lol, just lol

Sorry that you want to watch a sport where champs never fight each other and matchmakers never have fun
I would have no problem with Mcgregor fighting for LW title but he needs to at least defend his title once. I can't even consider him FW champion anymore because he lost to Diaz and he's ducking Aldo

I would have no problem with Mcgregor fighting for LW title but he needs to at least defend his title once. I can't even consider him FW champion anymore because he lost to Diaz and he's ducking Aldo
He already destroyed the interim champ and convincingly beat the top contender.

Back