Alvarez is a sitting duck as LW Champion

deman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
.....& even he knows it!

That's why he's been soooooo desperate for a 'money fight' with McGregor or Diaz. He knows that any number of guys in the LW division can beat him so he needs to make big money in his next fight before he's back down the card again. Can't blame him really.

This guy's record is padded by so many split decison wins it's ridiculous - similar to the way Johnny Hendrick's was. The fight against Pettis was one of the worst examples of wall-&-stall I've seen.

McGregor will win easily.

Connor will win especially after he learned how to kick as we saw vs Diaz .. Alverez doesn't handle kicks well plus Connor has power in those hands and can end it with one punch.. Diaz couldn't take Connor down = I don't think Alaverez will either.. God bless Connor the fw and lw champ

He wants that money. I can't blame him. It was thrown in his lap when he won the title.

lol @ discrediting a champion.

GTFO

This is a ridiculous premise for a thread: Eddie thinks he will lose, so he wants a money fight now.

So if Eddie were 100% sure he could beat anyone, he'd be OK making less money?

get your excuses ready for when eddie wins easily.

This is a ridiculous premise for a thread: Eddie thinks he will lose, so he wants a money fight now.

So if Eddie were 100% sure he could beat anyone, he'd be OK making less money?

In the short-term, yes

tremendous display of analytical skills.
Not saying it's 100% but Connor has vastly improved on his td defense.. That plus he will be fighting at 155 = his cardio should be much improved= nightmare for Alvarez

Who wouldnt want to fight conor? the money difference is insane, literally life changing.

In the short-term, yes
Still makes no sense.

Wait around for a big money fight with Conor, and make a fraction of payout while you wait? What if Conor gets injured, or retires?

Not saying it's 100% but Connor has vastly improved on his td defense.. That plus he will be fighting at 155 = his cardio should be much improved= nightmare for Alvarez
really, and when was his vastly improved td defense displayed? against nate diaz, the superb wrestler? had he faced edgar and managed to stay upright, i'd be very impressed indeed. nate diaz, not so much.

he has been fighting at 155 for the past two fights, in both of which he got tired after 8 minutes. and before you tell me they were welterweight fights, they weren't. he was in shape for RDA before he got injured, and he weighed in at 168. he was in shape to fight diaz, and weighed in at 168. he is as big as he can get, and he's exactly the same size as he was when he first prepared for his lightweight title shot. that, and diaz is obviously a lightweight.

conor can actually win this, because alvarez can be hit. but if you assume that he can't be taken down by alvarez, who is a wrestling powerhouse, because he wasn't taken down by nate, who can't wrestle his way out of a wet paper bag, you really shouldn't be talking about it. eddie is going to be a lot bigger than conor, and conor is going to get tired, just like he always does. he can still win this, of course, but this improved cardio and takedown defense is nothing but a fantasy.

Based on what? Diaz? The Diaz bros probably have the worst TDs in the UFC. Conor only had to prove his TDD once against Mendes. Gassed Mendes took him down.

He is also not going to be a cardio machine out of nowhere even though him not gassing in the second would already be a solid improvement.

I have him winning but more because of Alvarez inability in certain areas instead of Conor's improvements. Hopefully Alvarez doesn't fight like a fool though and makes it interesting.

Connor will win especially after he learned how to kick as we saw vs Diaz .. Alverez doesn't handle kicks well plus Connor has power in those hands and can end it with one punch.. Diaz couldn't take Connor down = I don't think Alaverez will either.. God bless Connor the fw and lw champ

If he tries to kick Alvarez whilst being that flat footed he'll get taken down a lot.

Hmmm... Just learned something new.

I had no idea Alvarez has been fighting since age 19.

This is a joke right? Nate has never been known for his strength or his wrestling take downs. Eddie is a legit wrestler who will embarrass McGregor and reveal just how lacking he is in the wrestling department.

Pettis and RDA knows how to kick too.

But... their hands are not better than Conors. This fight is interesting.
jcc.gif

Put back Genova as your avatar. Also terrible analysis.

This is a joke right? Nate has never been known for his strength or his wrestling take downs. Eddie is a legit wrestler who will embarrass McGregor and reveal just how lacking he is in the wrestling department.

THIS is a joke, right?

When was the last time he embarrassed anyone? By 'embarrassed' do you mean like how he wall-&-stalled Pettis.

McGregor will win. That's not because McGregor is amazing - he's no Jon Jones - but Alvarez is being laughably overrated

Back