How do you see Alvarez beating McGregor? (My Analysis - Rooting for McGregor)

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A lot of people have started to root against McGregor after the Diaz fights.
Diaz has one of the best chins in the game and he is as durable as they come. It is almost impossible to beat Diaz in his own game and McGregor did that. Did people like Dos Anjos stand and bang the whole time with Diaz? No. They won with the superior gameplan which includes a lot of takedowns and ground game. (Obviously styles make fights, but when people say that fighter X beat Diaz, they ignore the fact that nobody (or only a few people?) has beaten Diaz in his own game)
Did i think that Diaz would beat McGregor? Absolutely not. But he proved me and a lot of others wrong.
Diaz is the worst match-up along with Nurmagomedov that McGregor can have. I'd say that he's the worst match-up for Conor because of his durability and zombie-like fighting style.

Now, lets get to the point:

Stand up:
I haven't seen all of Eddies fights, but i have watched his fights in the UFC and some highlights from his Bellator fights. The dude gets tagged, A LOT. He gets wobbled, A LOT. I don't think that anybody he has faced aside from Chandler (who in my opinion has beaten him twice) has even nearly as powerful punches as McGregor. And even if they do, it's not about power, it's about being precise and accurate and McGregor has a big edge in that compared to many fighters because his understanding of MMA striking is on another level. McGregor has 5 inch reach advantage and he is a very good counter striker too, as we all know. McGregor has a huge advantage on the feet.

Wrestling:
As far as i know, Eddie wrestled in highschool. He doesn't have the credentials that for example Mendes has. Despite the size difference, i don't think that Eddie has better wrestling than Mendes or even Dos Anjos. His wrestling is good, but not excellent. It will be enough to get Conor down, but how often is he going to get him down? I don't think that he will be able to do that many times if at ALL. Obviously he has the skills to avoid getting taken down but that's not necessary at all, since McGregor won't be taking the fight to the ground. It is also not a 3-round fight, so he will tire himself out trying to go for the takedown all the time as well.

Ground game:
This is the part where many people ignore the fact that McGregor has skills on the ground, too.
He is not a black belt, he is not an accomplished grappler, but he has the necessary skills to scramble back up. This fight will be at lightweight, so i don't think that he will get gassed out very quick, he is carrying less muscle mass after all. Eddie has some nice submission wins on his resume, but he is not Nate Diaz-level wizard on the ground.

Eddie will desperately try to take the fight on the ground but he will obviously be forced to stand with Conor in the beginning of every round and when Conor scrambles back up. It will only require one good shot on the chin and Eddie will fall. People can bitch about it, but they don't want to see the man (McGregor) succeed.

I would have rather seen McGregor vs. Dos Anjos for the simple fact that Dos Anjos talks a lot smack on Twitter and still lives in a dream world thinking that he would run over McGregor. If they would have fought @ 196, it would have been UFC 194 all over again. But hey, i'm very happy that this match-up has been made. History in the making.

This will be the first minute of the fight:
hqdefault.jpg
Nick_Thompson_Vs_Eddie_Alvarez.gif

@McgreGOATsLeft @Myrddin Wyllt @somervillecr @BC

Last edited by a moderator:
Diaz has one of the best chins in the game and he is as durable as they come. It is almost impossible to beat Diaz in his own game and McGregor did that. Did people like Dos Anjos stand and bang the whole time with Diaz? No. They won with the superior gameplan which includes a lot of takedowns and ground game. (Obviously styles make fights, but when people say that fighter X beat Diaz, they ignore the fact that nobody (or only a few people?) has beaten Diaz in his own game)
Did i think that Diaz would beat McGregor? Absolutely not. But he proved me and a lot of others wrong.
Diaz is the worst match-up along with Nurmagomedov that McGregor can have. I'd say that he's the worst match-up for Conor because of his durability and zombie-like fighting style.

Stand up:
I haven't seen a lot of Eddies fights, but i have watched his fights in the UFC and some highlights from his Bellator fights. The dude gets tagged, A LOT. He gets wobbled, A LOT. I don't think that anybody he has faced aside from Chandler (who in my opinion has beaten him twice) has even nearly as powerful punches as McGregor. And even if they do, it's not about power, it's about being precise and accurate and McGregor has a big edge in that compared to many fighters because his understanding of MMA striking is on another level. McGregor has 5 inch reach advantage and he is a very good counter striker too, as we all know. McGregor has a huge advantage on the feet.

Wrestling:
As far as i know, Eddie wrestled in highschool. He doesn't have the credentials that for example Mendes has. Despite the size difference, i don't think that Eddie has better wrestling than Mendes or even Dos Anjos. His wrestling is good, but not excellent. It will be enough to get Conor down, but how often is he going to get him down? I don't think that he will be able to do that many times if at ALL. Obviously he has the skills to avoid getting taken down but that's not necessary at all, since McGregor won't be taking the fight to the ground. It is also not a 3-round fight, so he will tire himself out trying to go for the takedown all the time as well.

Ground game:
This is the part where many people ignore the fact that McGregor has skills on the ground, too.
He is not a black belt, he is not an accomplished grappler, but he has the necessary skills to scramble back up. This fight will be at lightweight, so i don't think that he will get gassed out very quick, he is carrying less muscle mass after all. Eddie has some nice submission wins on his resume, but he is not Nate Diaz-level wizard on the ground.

Eddie will desperately try to take the fight on the ground but he will obviously be forced to stand with Conor in the beginning of every round and when Conor scrambles back up. It will only require one good shot on the chin and Eddie will fall. People can bitch about it, but they don't want to see the man (McGregor) succeed.

I would have rather seen McGregor vs. Dos Anjos for the simple fact that Dos Anjos talks a lot smack on Twitter and still lives in a dream world thinking that he would run over McGregor. If they would have fought @ 196, it would have been UFC 194 all over again. But hey, i'm very happy that this match-up has been made. History in the making.

hqdefault.jpg

<mma4>

Conor in turtee tree seconds

{<Mcgoat}

You will be forced to come back and read it again after Eddie gets ktfo.
Thank you and have a nice day.
You admit to not have seen Eddie's fights, and you still waste fap time to post an "analysis" ? how nice of you.

I'm sure some bored posters will read and point out the idiocy in your posts.

You have a good day too xo

Eddie's chance of winning is to adopt a similar gameplan vs Pettis. If the fight remains standing he has no chance

Huge fan of both guys, albeit a bigger fan of Conor.

Eddie gets hurt in nearly all his fights. I don't see Eddie winning this. It's inevitable that Conor will eventually land on that chin, and I think we know what happens after that.

{<Mcgoat}

Awesome fight. I'm so glad it got made.

You admit to not have seen Eddie's fights, and you still waste fap time to post an "analysis" ? how nice of you.

I'm sure some bored posters will read and point out the idiocy in your posts.

You have a good day too xo
Did you miss the point where i said that i have watched all his UFC fights + Bellator highlights?
People like you........

You will be humbled in December.

Xoxo honeyboo.

A very well thought out analysis. Though if Eddie could've suppressed another elite striker in Pettis with his wrestling he could probably do the same here? Though Conor's hands > Pettis' hands.

A very well thought out analysis. Though if Eddie could've suppressed another elite striker in Pettis with his wrestling he could probably do the same here? Though Conor's hands > Pettis' hands.
Thanks bro.
He definitely can do it, but i don't think that he'll be able to do it for 5 rounds.

Alvarez is too slow and take too many shots, easy KO for the irishman

Conor is getting wrestle fucked against the cage, or dry humped on the ground.

Stand up:
I haven't seen all of Eddies fights, but i have watched his fights in the UFC and some highlights from his Bellator fights. The dude gets tagged, A LOT. He gets wobbled, A LOT. I don't think that anybody he has faced aside from Chandler (who in my opinion has beaten him twice) has even nearly as powerful punches as McGregor. And even if they do, it's not about power, it's about being precise and accurate and McGregor has a big edge in that compared to many fighters because his understanding of MMA striking is on another level. McGregor has 5 inch reach advantage and he is a very good counter striker too, as we all know. McGregor has a huge advantage on the feet.

Wrestling:

Ground game:

hqdefault.jpg

LOL you are too delusional.
1) Diaz is not the worse matchup. Matter of fact, DIaz was a dream matchup and the reason Conor chose Diaz over Cowboy or Khabibn when RDA got hurt.
What Conor did to win a very pedestrian decision was follow up on Condit's plan (or Jon Jones). Hit & Run. And boy, did he run!!!

2) Stand up: You claim DIaz was great, but forget how Eddie stood with El nino (the hardest hitter from Diaz camp) and won the standup battle.
He will be at disadvantage of reach and probably power, since Kicks > punches. But I don't expect him to stand & bang with Conor.

3) Wrestling: You claim to have watched Eddie's fights, but I say you are full of crap. The only fights you ever watched are COnor's. You probably googled some highlights, and think you know Eddie's style. But you do not. Eddie does not need to take Conor down (though if he does, he will smother him). He will press Conor against the cage. He is great at it. Will take Conor's space to do damage and he will tire Conor in one round. They can can do whatever he wants with Conor, because Conor will be more tired than Carwin's arms after that first round against Lesnar (google that fight. worth watching).

4) Ground game: Whie Conor did surprise me with his ground defense game, your blind nuthugger mind is simply not fit to analyze it. Conor did well against Mendes only because Mendes was dead tired. And because of that, he was desperate to end the fight.
But Eddie will have the advantage of a full camp. He will work on staying on top and staying busy. Those elbows Conor ate from Mendes would come in bigger numbers. And (of course), Conor will spend a lot of energy trying to get back up. Energy we both know Conor can't spend.

5) The fight: The first round will be a defining moment. I expect Conor to come forward and try to kick Eddie and keep his distance. Eddie will close the distance to press Conor against the cage.
Eddie proved he has KO power himsef against RDA. By the end of round one, Conor will be tired. Then Eddie will repeat on round two. Maybe then take Conor down.
If conor didn't KO Eddie by then, Eddie will be able to do whatever he pleases with Conor. End of the hype train, end of the line for Conor.
Then he will probably attempt to defend his FW belt... if he makes weight. But either Aldo or Holloway will finish up what is left of Conor.
Conor will retire and spend his money. His fanboys will keep raving he just got tired, but if he really wanted he would murk even Lesnar.

LOL you are too delusional.
1) Diaz is not the worse matchup. Matter of fact, DIaz was a dream matchup and the reason Conor chose Diaz over Cowboy or Khabibn when RDA got hurt.
What Conor did to win a very pedestrian decision was follow up on Condit's plan (or Jon Jones). Hit & Run. And boy, did he run!!!

2) Stand up: You claim DIaz was great, but forget how Eddie stood with El nino (the hardest hitter from Diaz camp) and won the standup battle.
He will be at disadvantage of reach and probably power, since Kicks > punches. But I don't expect him to stand & bang with Conor.

3) Wrestling: You claim to have watched Eddie's fights, but I say you are full of crap. The only fights you ever watched are COnor's. You probably googled some highlights, and think you know Eddie's style. But you do not. Eddie does not need to take Conor down (though if he does, he will smother him). He will press Conor against the cage. He is great at it. Will take Conor's space to do damage and he will tire Conor in one round. They can can do whatever he wants with Conor, because Conor will be more tired than Carwin's arms after that first round against Lesnar (google that fight. worth watching).

4) Ground game: Whie Conor did surprise me with his ground defense game, your blind nuthugger mind is simply not fit to analyze it. Conor did well against Mendes only because Mendes was dead tired. And because of that, he was desperate to end the fight.
But Eddie will have the advantage of a full camp. He will work on staying on top and staying busy. Those elbows Conor ate from Mendes would come in bigger numbers. And (of course), Conor will spend a lot of energy trying to get back up. Energy we both know Conor can't spend.

5) The fight: The first round will be a defining moment. I expect Conor to come forward and try to kick Eddie and keep his distance. Eddie will close the distance to press Conor against the cage.
Eddie proved he has KO power himsef against RDA. By the end of round one, Conor will be tired. Then Eddie will repeat on round two. Maybe then take Conor down.
If conor didn't KO Eddie by then, Eddie will be able to do whatever he pleases with Conor. End of the hype train, end of the line for Conor.
Then he will probably attempt to defend his FW belt... if he makes weight. But either Aldo or Holloway will finish up what is left of Conor.
Conor will retire and spend his money. His fanboys will keep raving he just got tired, but if he really wanted he would murk even Lesnar.
Your reply smells of "I hate McGregor"
As i said i watched all of his UFC fights + highlights from Bellator fights plus Alvarez vs. Chandler II, not like you care, since you're blinded by hate.

Did you root for Aldo vs. McGregor as well? Too bad.

Your reply smells of "I hate McGregor"
As i said i watched all of his UFC fights + highlights from Bellator fights plus Alvarez vs. Chandler II, not like you care, since you're blinded by hate.

Did you root for Aldo vs. McGregor as well? Too bad.
LOL so your only response is "I have no good answer, so let me claim he hates Connor" ...

Feeble.... very feeble...

Back