Khabib should fight Barboza next.

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib never was the no. 1 contender in my opinion. RDA is his only elite win. I feel like this fight makes sense for both of them.

He just fought 2 months ago so if he feels ready why not. Khabib is hungry

He is going to fight Johnson, a fighter who TDD isn't that good.

Khabib doesn't even talk about Barboza. He doesn't want to fight him, because he knows Barboza is big for the division and has great TDD.

be an interesting match up for sure. I'm not sure Barboza's recent emphasis on movement would be enough for him to utilize his leg kicks as he's used to but I'd definitely watch this fight.

This would be interesting for sure.

yeah he doesnt have choice
if he fights Johnson it wont be a big enough win in peoples eyes so Barbosa will be it

yea that would be a fun fight for sure. Realistically, despite this Conor/Alvarez fight, which is a fun as hell fight, albeit underserved, you can take anyone in the top 5 at LW, put their names in a hat, and whatever 2 fighters names you pull out will be an awesome fight. And it's been that way for like 10+ years. Definitely the most competitive division in the UFC.

Khabib doesn't even talk about Barboza. He doesn't want to fight him, because he knows Barboza is big for the division and has great TDD.
He has said that he would like to fight Barboza quite a few times...

I'd like to see Khabib actually fight someone worth a damn so lets see it.

That is really the most sensible fight for Khabib now at this point. If not Barboza then maybe Johnson or Chiesa, but Barboza is the fight that should be made.

If Edson beats Khabib, there's no way he doesn't get a title shot.

I think a skilled grappler is always an intriguing matchup for a elite striker. I believe Edson controls the distance and sprawls eventual power doubles for at least two rounds for a 29-28 unanimous decision, but I could be wrong, of course.

yea that would be a fun fight for sure. Realistically, despite this Conor/Alvarez fight, which is a fun as hell fight, albeit underserved, you can take anyone in the top 5 at LW, put their names in a hat, and whatever 2 fighters names you pull out will be an awesome fight. And it's been that way for like 10+ years. Definitely the most competitive division in the UFC.
155 is the only MMA that matters :)

It's a reference to an old UFC slogan which said that they were "the only MMA that matters".

Michael Johnson has 81 percent takedown defense which is pretty decent tbf, but he still gets fucked up by Khabib.

Didnt Michael Johnson beat Barbosa and Ferguson? WTF is wrong with you dude? Thats the best fight to make.

Khabib should fight somebody, anybody.

It doesn't matter who it is, I just want to see people ragdolled and thrown around the octagon.

I don't see how Barbosa can handle Khabibs fucking super grappling.

Khabib is not someone that will be lured into a striking match.

He'll just go in, and start spamming for takedowns.

Barbosa's is not a strong stocky motherfucker that will stuff the takedowns. No no no. His physique is one of a gentle flower waiting to be picked up and fucking smashed.

Khabib never was the no. 1 contender in my opinion. RDA is his only elite win. I feel like this fight makes sense for both of them.

After beating RDA back in 2014 he wasn't the n°1 contender ? Lol.

After beating RDA back in 2014 he wasn't the n°1 contender ? Lol.

for me it takes more than 1 elite win to be the no 1 contender. Fighting a bunch of cans and one top 5 guy isn't enough. There are other fighters far more deserving of that spot. RDA, Ferguson, Barboza, Alvarez and Cerrone have faced better competition in the last 2 years than Khabib has in his entire mma carreer. That should tell you something

for me it takes more than 1 elite win to be the no 1 contender. Fighting a bunch of cans and one top 5 guy isn't enough. There are other fighters far more deserving of that spot. RDA, Ferguson, Barboza, Alvarez and Cerrone have faced better competition in the last 2 years than Khabib has in his entire mma carreer. That should tell you something

Back then Khabib was on a 6 fights winning streak after beatin RDA (who was himself on a 5 fights winning streak and just beat Cerrone).

Pettis was the champ and would have fought Khabib if he had not be injured.

Back