Why haven't they announced Weidman vs Romero yet?

XxWolfXx

WOLF BELT
@red
Reaction score
if they don't announce this fight, then dammmm.

Something is holding Weidman back from signing.

Something is holding Weidman back from signing.

Well the champ gets the non TRT 46 year old Dan.

And the real nr.1 contender gets this: (plus the lowest pay day he had in years, no PPV bonus)

Well the champ gets the non TRT 46 year old Dan.

And the real nr.1 contender gets this: (plus the lowest pay day he had in years, no PPV bonus)

jesus christ this dude looks superhuman

Whineman is scared

Yoel by stool in the 3rd.

Srsly, I want to see this fight happen. Weidman doesn't have much to grasp at now that he's not champ anymore, and especially losing the way he did. He threw away the NYC card, so he should be thankful he even has a chance to still fight on it.

Has Weidman or anyone else said what they offered him or what he wants?
No idea. Everything I know about his topic was discussed on the last MMA Beat. I didn't even know about the situation before watching it.

I want this fight to happen so badly. I'm alone in this but I'd be way more disappointed in this fight not happening then mcg not being on the card. I've wanted romero vs chris/luke for a long time

At this point Romero should be kept ready for Bisping in Feb/Mar in case he finishes Dan easily

This would be an awesome fight. Yoel signed it; why hasn't Weidman? I don't blame him, though, Yoel is one scary dude and Weidman got TKO'd in his last fight and he didn't do anything off of his back. With that said, Rockhold is a beast on the ground, but maybe Weidman's confidence isn't the same after getting mauled on the ground and Yoel has some hellbows...please make this fight, it's one of the sickest matchups at MW now and it's a winnable fight for either. Not counting out Weidman, but Yoel looks like a beast and he's always dangerous, even when allegedly gassed in the 3rd.

Probably the same stuff that drove Rockhold to extra curricular activities: the severe pay cut for a non-title fight. They appeared to play ball with Rockhold though, so we'll see

Back