Anyone else think Conor has little chance against Alvarez?

RudimarChute

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm actually a fan of both Conor and Eddie but does anyone really think Conor has a chance? If the odds are good on this one I'll be putting at least a couple hundred on Eddie and I'm not much of a gambler. Conor is 1-1 against Nate the #6 or #7 LW and he just squeaked it out in the 2nd fight.

Eddie has beaten Dos Anjos, Pettis, Melendez, Aoki, Kawajiri, Huerta and Hansen among others. I don't even think this fight will be close, domination by Alvarez. I do hope I'm wrong and we get a competitive war, but the chance of Conor actually winning is slim.

giphy.gif

I favor Alvarez but I wouldn't be surprised if Conor won either

Conor has a ton of power that will be hard for Alvarez to deal with. I think Conor has a good chance and should be considered the favorite in this fight.

Boy, that's a great question. It's MMA and anything is possible, so YES, absolutely I think

Conor can beat Alvarez. Having said that, I think this would be his toughest test to date, and if you

look at Alvarez's track record it doesn't look good for Conor ON PAPER. But again, anything can

effect the outcome. I say Alvarez by TKO in the 2nd but I'M NOT SUPRISED MF if Conor pulls out

a stunner KO either.

As a Conor hater, unfortunately I see him winning easily.

<mma4>

I don't think it'd be anything too dynamic but yeah I think Alvarez could wall'n'stall him enough to gas him out and then probably either decision him or finish him late by TKO or even sub. I'd lean towards decision.

I think Eddie wins 65-70% of the time or so. It'd be much higher if he wasn't so hittable and easily drawn into brawls.

fight isn't even official. So not sure why this thread even exists.

Alvarez has a proven chin and can wrestle. He's conor's toughest opponent yet.

If there's value, which i'd guess there will be, it'd be worth a bet on Alvarez for sure (i'd be betting on the UD but TKO might pay better). I've been flogging a dead horse saying this but I seriously doubt Conor is back at 100% yet after 202, which was only a few weeks ago.

Conor has a puncher's chance. I thought that Nate Diaz choking him out would end most of the ridiculous hype, but him barely squeaking out a decision in the rematch seems to have made the hype even more out of control. Alvarez should be a hefty favorite in this fight.

Really? A guy who has finished majority of his opponents has no shot? A guy that KO'ed P4P Aldo with a sweet counter has no shot? A guy that dropped a Diaz with punches 3 times has no shot?

A sniper like Conor who throws educated counters with intent to KO will always have a shot. If this stays standing I would favor Conor by KO. Alavrez has to make this a grappling match to increase his chances of winning.

Conor's best chance is on the feet, but that's not to say Alvarez isn't a beast on the feet. But if Alvarez gets a hold of him and gets him down, Conor's gonna have problems.

Alvarez will wear him down with wrestling and then finish him.

Boy, that's a great question. It's MMA and anything is possible, so YES, absolutely I think

Conor can beat Alvarez. Having said that, I think this would be his toughest test to date, and if you

look at Alvarez's track record it doesn't look good for Conor ON PAPER. But again, anything can

effect the outcome. I say Alvarez by TKO in the 2nd but I'M NOT SUPRISED MF if Conor pulls out

a stunner KO either.
Pretty much what i was going to say. Even when i think Alvarez is maybe the less of the top 5 evil at lw, the dude is a warrior,fought everyone and is never an easy win. I have 65% Alvarez,35% Conor

I can see it going one of two ways. Either Conor KO's Eddie in the first two rounds or Eddie blankets him for five.

Back