McGregor's cardio issue

AllAlong87

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What do you think is the main cause of McGregor's cardio issues?

Poor cardio training? His fighting style? Or did he simply fight at a weight that his body cannot handle?

Furthermore, do you suspect that he will continue to have issues with cardio in future fights?

His fighting style, Dominick Cruz went over it in details on a pre-fight analisis he did on Mcgregor-Diaz II.

If you aren't getting tired you aren't fighting hard enough

You cant consistently explode for 25 minutes, hell even 15 would be hard.

Is there really something so incredibly uncommon with McGregor's fighting style though? Nothing jumps out at me other than he throws slightly more punches than your average distance striker.

Starving himself to where his chest is caved in. It crushes his lungs and makes them small.

He just needs one of these and he'll be good to go.

511W3MK4T2L.jpg

hey man it's his style

stop separating variables.

his cardio isnt unrelated to his other mma skills.

the way he fights will naturally cause him to gas. it isnt like hes not in shape

why dont people get this?

similarly, conor's pressure style would cause alvarez to gas if he tries to wrestle like mendes did. he'd have to chomp his words

His fighting style, Dominick Cruz went over it in details on a pre-fight analisis he did on Mcgregor-Diaz II.
So why did he seem to have no issue in the Hollaway fight?

People fail to realize that the reason Conor gassed was because of Diaz. Conor's cardio situation is way blown out of proportion. His cardio isn't great, but it isn't "bad". I guaranteed he will look fine against fighters with lower output like Aldo etc.

It's probably genetic. He's super fast, so he has a higher-than-average percentage of fast twitch muscle, which has the lowest endurance.

He's built to sprint, not run cross country.

When he develops an issue with cardio I'll be glad to answer

Conor throws strikes to put guys away. Big power shots until his opponents fall and most of them do. Nate just wasnt one of those guys and took everything Conu had and kept coming. Thats extremely exhausting and surprising for a fighter. As a poster above me said, Dominick Cruz went into it in detail and described Conu's style as not built for 5 rounds.

So why did he seem to have no issue in the Hollaway fight?

People fail to realize that the reason Conor gassed was because of Diaz. Conor's cardio situation is way blown out of proportion. His cardio isn't great, but it isn't "bad". I guaranteed he will look fine against fighters with lower output like Aldo etc.
This. People forget Cowboy Cerrone gassed against Nate towards the end of the first round. Cowboys known for having good cardio.

Conor hasn't showed any cardio problems in any of his fights besides Nate and people act like he has Houston Alexander cardio now.

the more weight you carry, the shittier your cardio is going to be. he was pretty fat during the first fight.

Every fighter that throws hard winging punches gasses because it takes a lot of energy to throw those punches. It isn't hard to figure out.

Do Conor fans watch any other fights?

His style is more taxing than the Dominators?? No way, Cruz just works out harder and trains cardio, genetics play a part but to say his style is more taxing? lol And Cruz does it for 25 minutes over and over.

i dont t hink he really has cardio issues - he went nuts w diaz for multiple minutes before gassing - diaz looked like he gassed too - it happens

you cant go 5 rounds w a diaz brother, even diaz gassed

Conor got walk around cardio he don't train consistently for in fight cardio because he doesn't really train for a sustained fight he trains to KO your ass. And I bet you Pay Pals dollars he's a 1minute man when on top of his girl, the way he adrenaline dumps coupled with them girly lungz when he faces some adversity.

I see trouble, I see deep trouble ahead.

Back