Daniel Cormier at Middleweight

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
DC wrestled at 184 lbs in college and was extremely dominant, 6 of his only 10 D1 losses being to the all time great Cael Sanderson.

Obviously DC carries a lot of body-fat even at weigh ins, roughly around 25-30% ,and it may be too late in his career to drop down, but can you guys imagine the absolute domination he could have carried out if he had started his career as a Middleweight?

EKHs7e.gif

Imagine if he had an 84" reach and could turn water to wine.

Fighting at a lower weight class doesn't necessarily mean you would be better. Theres enough examples of it not working out.

DC wrestled at 184 lbs in college and was extremely dominant, 6 of his only 10 D1 losses being to the all time great Cael Sanderson.

Obviously DC carries a lot of body-fat even at weigh ins, roughly around 25-30% ,and it may be too late in his career to drop down, but can you guys imagine the absolute domination he could have carried out if he had started his career as a Middleweight?
His frame is too big for mw, he's a natural lhw

That dude might die if you tried to come down to middle weight. He's fat at 205 lol

Yoel Romero is bigger than DC and he fights at middleweight. I think DC could make the weight but he probably doesn't want to risk damaging his kidneys

DC could just lost the body fat. So could Roy and Hunt but it's never going to happen.

Wake up dude!
You are sleep-typing.
I'm not saying he will do it, but that if he stopped being a fatass and started his career at LHW or MW he would have been a monster.

Didnt he have kidney failure in the Olympics for a weight well over 200lb?

Im certain his body couldnt have been done growing in college.

well hes obv not a natural lhw he has to cut weight to get there and has fought the majority of his career at hw so i dont really think u can even make the argument that a 240+ lb man was ever anything but a hw. in the same breath i got no problem with him at any weight as long as he can make the weight.

well hes obv not a natural lhw he has to cut weight to get there and has fought the majority of his career at hw so i dont really think u can even make the argument that a 240+ lb man was ever anything but a hw. in the same breath i got no problem with him at any weight as long as he can make the weight.

His healthiest weight is at about 190, sitting around 12% body-fat, but alas, Cormier loves to eat way too much.

He's currently the champ and has only lost 1 dam fight in two different weight classes. Why fantasize about bullshit when the man is arguably the second best fighter in the organization.

Bumping this thread for truth.

DC could get in ripped shape FIRST (thus losing weight) and THEN cut weight like everybody else - he would easily make Middleweight. It's not one of those cases where it would 'take too much away from him' because he's not exactly coming in ripped at the LHW limit!

DC would've rag dolled everyone at MW, hell he's beaten everyone other than Jon Jones.

He weighed 185lb when he was circa 19, so he can make it at 38? Seems legitimate logic

he can barely make 210.
Let us not have him die just yet...

Back