What chance would Shevchenko have against Cyborg?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
I've noticed that unlike the other top ranked WBWs such as Holm, Rousey, Nunes, Tate etc, Shevchenko is almost never brought up as a possible opponent for Cyborg even though her stock in the BW division itself is quite high (with a win over Holly and many thinking she would beat Nunes in a rematch). I get that she may seem way too small for a matchup against Cyborg, being smaller than any other top BW, but then again Holly and Nunes are very big BWs themselves and Valentina acquitted herself well against them. How would the blonde striking goddess do against the Brazilian one?

Isn't she real small ? How did she size up to holly ? Borg will clinch her and toss her to the ground most likely

She wouldn't have any better chance than Lansberg. She doesn't have the power to keep Cyborg off of her and even if she does find herself winning the striking battle, she would get put on her back and destroyed cause she has no ground game.

Isn't she real small ? How did she size up to holly ? Borg will clinch her and toss her to the ground most likely

Yes. She is very skilled, possibly the best technical striker in MMA, but she is a tiny BW. She would be giving up at least 30 lbs. in the cage. She barely has to cut to make 135.

Yes. She is very skilled, possibly the best technical striker in MMA, but she is a tiny BW. She would be giving up at least 30 lbs. in the cage. She barely has to cut to make 135.
Ya she could probably do well at distance , but we know what would happen once Borg gets a hold of the clinch .

Ya she could probably do well at distance , but we know what would happen once Borg gets a hold of the clinch .

Yep. If the UFC ever opens a 125lbs. division, Shevchenko should be the first to move down. She looked like she was giving up an easy 15lbs. to Holly during their fight.

Yep. If the UFC ever opens a 125lbs. division, Shevchenko should be the first to move down. She looked like she was giving up an easy 15lbs. to Holly during their fight.

I feel like she's more skilled than Cyborg, but wouldn't be able to handle the size and strength disparity.

I feel like she's more skilled than Cyborg, but wouldn't be able to handle the size and strength disparity.

Oh I agree. IMO, she is the most skilled female striker, but the minute they clinched she would be done. She is not anywhere near big or strong enough to create space in the clinch, let alone strike effectively against someone who is really two weight classes up. She actually has very good clinch work, but it would be useless against Cris, and on the ground she would be controlled and beat down.

And I am one of the biggest fans of Shevchenko here, so I really don't want this fight for her. She will get the shit beat out of her. Let Shevchenko fight Nunes or Rousey. She signed a bout agreement with Pena, who did not sign, and now Pena is blocking everyone on twitter who asks her about fighting Val.

Cyborg is too strong and explosive for her. Also has a better clinch game. Valentina is a straight up counter puncher with better timing and striking but cyborg managed to find Baars chin quite a few times during the Muay Thai fight. She would wreck her.

I've noticed that unlike the other top ranked WBWs such as Holm, Rousey, Nunes, Tate etc, Shevchenko is almost never brought up as a possible opponent for Cyborg even though her stock in the BW division itself is quite high (with a win over Holly and many thinking she would beat Nunes in a rematch). I get that she may seem way too small for a matchup against Cyborg, being smaller than any other top BW, but then again Holly and Nunes are very big BWs themselves and Valentina acquitted herself well against them. How would the blonde striking goddess do against the Brazilian one?
OP I havent seen your threads in quite awhile. Some were good. Some were bad. But you always tried.

To answer all these "Cyborg vs. x female fighter" questions, just substitute Cyborg w/ current Vanderlei and you'll have your result.

Back