Bigfoot knocked out again

Ippowned

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Bigfoot Silva has a medical condition. He has a tumor on his pituitary gland. The mass effect of such a tumor is known to give tunnel vision, since it lies directly above the optic chiasm, where it can constrict the nerve fibers that provide sight to the right and left fields of vision, sparing the central field of vision.

He has the biggest head on the planet, so I am always amazed at how often he is knocked out. Then again, it is said that after one knockout, the threshold for being knocked out again is lower. It would not be unthinkable for him to get medically cleared despite some medical issues. After all, there is money involved in his fights, and it is his only source of revenue.

Does he get knocked out because he does not see looping shots in his periphery? Does he have tunnel vision?

Wow TS. You've managed to diagnose Bigfoot with a tumor. Without examining him. And without medical training or expertise.

Impressive. It's almost like you're talking out of your ass, but we all know you definitely wouldn't do that on Sherdog. Definitely not.

Wow TS. You've managed to diagnose Bigfoot with a tumor. Without examining him. And without medical training or expertise.

Impressive. It's almost like you're talking out of your ass, but we all know you definitely wouldn't do that on Sherdog. Definitely not.
Gigantism = Tumor

He was doing a lot better while he was allowed to have his medicine. But since he had an operation I'm not sure things can go back to how they were. I've been saying he should go to Japan, take his medicine and eat kangaroo meat and bulk up to 340lbs and take freak show fights for a long time. But he seems determined to keep on getting switched off.

Well he's not wrong...he has a tumor

200w.gif

So when I go to ATT to beat him up I just have to swing wide loopy punches to catch him?

cheers TS.

Didn't he have the tumor removed years ago?

Whatever the fuck happens to this thread, I hope we all agree he should retire into coaching.

The brutality of this sport has its limits and I don't want to see this guy turn into a big cabbage

He has acromegaly. The same as gigantisim, but different age of onset. Acromegaly has a later onset, when the long bones of the body are fully developed.

Whatever the fuck happens to this thread, I hope we all agree he should retire into coaching.

The brutality of this sport has its limits and I don't want to see this guy turn into a big cabbage
I agree but I also wonder whether some fighters prefer to fight vs live a long life - guys like big nog and Bigfoot seem the type who might just want to risk it bc they love to fight so much - same w chuck - Dana had to publicly go on about his retirement bc he was prob worried about chuck signing elsewhere

You learn something new every day. I just thought he'd be chugging down that Brain and Nerve tonic!

bigfoot.jpg

I agree but I also wonder whether some fighters prefer to fight vs live a long life - guys like big nog and Bigfoot seem the type who might just want to risk it bc they love to fight so much - same w chuck - Dana had to publicly go on about his retirement bc he was prob worried about chuck signing elsewhere
I think so but you just can't let that happen.

Of course Antonio has free will but he is a father and a husband and that comes with responsibilities.

Also I think as fans of a brutal sport we have to draw some line in our own minds of what we are willing to witness.

At the end of the day, these are the people that make the sport happen. I don't want to see them broken clueless and crazy.

Just my opinion. Hope I'm not preachy.

I think the reality is that Bigfoot was never really that talented, certainly not enough to compete at an elite level. With TRT, he could get away with his lack of talent because of his immense size and strength. Without TRT, he has to rely on his skills, which are nowhere close to elite.

He was doing a lot better while he was allowed to have his medicine. But since he had an operation I'm not sure things can go back to how they were.

HMC somehow was way different after he had an operation on his tumor too. And im pretty sure he still was allowed to take whatever he wanted in japan so it seems they mainly lose their strength because of the operation which is kinda odd.

I think so but you just can't let that happen.

Of course Antonio has free will but he is a father and a husband and that comes with responsibilities.

Also I think as fans of a brutal sport we have to draw some line in our own minds of what we are willing to witness.

At the end of the day, these are the people that make the sport happen. I don't want to see them broken clueless and crazy.

Just my opinion. Hope I'm not preachy.
nah i agree with you to an extent - i think we have to trust the commissions / refs to keep the fighters safe, even from themselves - obv there is prob a lot of corruption behind the scenes, jsut given how lorenzo was part of the commission etc - we'd prob be real disappointed if we knew how things really went, but in theory, we're supposed to trust the commissions to not sanction a fight if thats appropriate - thats how it works unfortunately - promoters and fightesr will push for the fight, since they both want it

the dude is repulsive, i'm glad he got ko'd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back