Cyborg is not the best female striker...

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
She is really good, don't get me wrong, but there are better strikers. Just only recently Cyborg lost a kickboxing match against Jorina Baars from Holland. Not a flash ko, but three rounds of standing fighting where Jorina was the better fighter.. it was close.. but Cyborg lost on points.

So Jorina is probably an exception as far as striking goes huh? Nope. Jorina lost 3 of her 4 MMA bouts, all losses by KO.

Cyborg is a great striker and fighter, she truly is, but there is enough competition out there that has a good chance at beating her imo. The womens kickboxing divisions are WAY more developed than WMMA.. i guess it's just a matter of time until they all start doing MMA.

Screen-Shot-2014-03-29-at-12.20.32-AM.png

lmao at that ref's head. Oblong...

grappling is a thing you know. If it wasn't kickboxers and boxers would dominate mma

but she is currently the most effective in mma....

JJ, Paige, Holm, Waterson Valentina etc. are better STRIKERS than Cyborg... but they don't FIGHT like Cyborg

She is really good, don't get me wrong, but there are better strikers. Just only recently Cyborg lost a kickboxing match against Jorina Baars from Holland. Not a flash ko, but three rounds of standing fighting where Jorina was the better fighter.. it was close.. but Cyborg lost on points.

So Jorina is probably an exception as far as striking goes huh? Nope. Jorina lost 3 of her 4 MMA bouts, all losses by KO.

Cyborg is a great striker and fighter, she truly is, but there is enough competition out there that has a good chance at beating her imo. The womens kickboxing divisions are WAY more developed than WMMA.. i guess it's just a matter of time until they all start doing MMA.

She is not a good striker, she just has power. Her strikes look like winging punches Chute Box style.

Nope.
You are just not connecting the dots you drew.
She lost to Jorina on a Muay Thai fight, under Muay Thai rules.
If that fight was MMA, Jorina would be sleeping.

I'm not sure I follow the logic of this thread...

Is it that Cyborg would lose an MMA fight to the three people that beat Baars?

Not the best female striker if we count Kickboxers yes, but she's MORE than enough to beat what we have at the top 5 at 135, except, MAYBE, Holly Holm. WMMA level of striking is, sadly, that low.

Also, many Kickboxers found difficulties with striking when they tried MMA, if you think of that it can really be weird and lead you to miscalculate space and end up being KO'd. You're not that used to the whole worrying about takedowns etc.

baars lost all her fights via tko from mounted GNP with the ref stepping in stop acting like she was put to sleep standing LOL

Nope.
You are just not connecting the dots you drew.
She lost to Jorina on a Muay Thai fight, under Muay Thai rules.
If that fight was MMA, Jorina would be sleeping.

Yeah, TS saw the records and probably thought he was onto something.
He wasn't.

Back