Dana White: ‘I’m doing Jones vs. Rumble for shot at facing D.C.’

mirellale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

With Daniel Cormier tending to his UFC on FOX duties, the UFC’s light-heavyweight division remains in a state of flux.

UFC President Dana White, in a new interview, reveals that he’s really looking to put together a Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson fight while D.C. handles his duties outside of the cage.

“I’m in interested in doing Anthony Johnson versus Jon Jones for the interim title and whoever wins will then go on and face Daniel Cormier,” stated White.

Daniel Cormier has expressed that he will be ready to return to action by December and Jon Jones is currently in a state of limbo while he awaits a hearing in the coming weeks with the State of Nevada.

The only fighter immediately available is Anthony Johnson, who has stated numerous times that he isn’t interested in a Jon Jones scuffle.

Source: http://entimports.com/2016/09/white-im-doing-jones-vs-rumble-for-shot-at-facing-d-c/

Rumble should get the title shot,he beat top 5 opponents in Bader and Glover and has earned it.
Strip Jones of his paper belt and let him work his way up.

Thank god it's not one of those Oh Oh videos

Interesting fight marred by unnecessary interim belt overload. If DC is healthy interim makes no sense here.

I think Rumble has good change of winning this. Its now or never! Good matchup, makes all the sense after all whats happened.

I think Rumble "deserves" a title shot. But I LOVE Bones vs Rumble for a fight! Dang, should be fireworks. The "interim" belt is stupid but I really don't care about that paper belt.

Bad fight for Jones.

I have Rumble in the first. It will look like the Gus fight.

Jones should be banned for what he did. Why is he in talks of getting a title shot?

I approve this idea.

Would love Rumble to win it and get another shot at DC.

I have my doubts as to how good Jon Jones really is minus steroids.

butwhy.gif

so dc just sits on the sidelines for a year?

Back