The inevitable we knew was coming: Nelson being lined up for punishment

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/roy-ne...t-95-could-land-him-in-brazilian-sports-court

The brazilian sports court is hunting him down. I hope he doesnt get into any serious trouble, it sucks that he didnt just walk off instead of continuing to just punch him, but hes in now a position where hes causing ufc more harm than good. It wasnt a small thing though, and i was just waiting to see what happens, didnt expect the brazilian courts to get involved but their reasoning is still just, unfortunetly for nelson.

S*ck for him , but man you can't touch a referee...

He deserves it

And I usually don't say shit like this
Hell I even think palhares getting cut was blown out of proportion

In the courtroom they're gonna be chanting "HOO - VAI MORRER! HOO - VAI MORRER!"

Nelson is a fool. He can't try and take the moral high ground when he's the one that landed all those unnecessary punches.

Lol sports court. Just never go to Brazil again and throw out all your mail from them.

I get why he did it but still he has to be smarter then that and know he can't touch a referee. Say something about fighter safety and Big John blew it but remember you got a family too. Somethings you just can't do and this is a major one.

Now that Brazilian Sports Court has completely fixed all of the disastrous problems from the Olympics, they are ready to focus on the serious issues.

Good. If they had arrested him, they would have had my full support. There's no justification for getting physical with the referee.

From what ive read, the brazilian people cant do anything unless John McCarthy files a complaint

I must be missing something because I didn't think it was a particularly late stoppage. It seemed completely average.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/roy-ne...t-95-could-land-him-in-brazilian-sports-court

The brazilian sports court is hunting him down. I hope he doesnt get into any serious trouble, it sucks that he didnt just walk off instead of continuing to just punch him, but hes in now a position where hes causing ufc more harm than good. It wasnt a small thing though, and i was just waiting to see what happens, didnt expect the brazilian courts to get involved but their reasoning is still just, unfortunetly for nelson.
I love him as a fighter, and applaud him for showing compassion to his fellow fighter & opponent.
But you simply can't touch the referee.

If they allow him, the next guy might not have such good reasoning behind it, but would have a precedent where nothing happens... and the sport can't allow fighters to hit anyone else other than their opponents, while the referee does not stop the fight.
Simple as that.

I like Roy, but didn't think there was a thing wrong with the stoppage and you can't touch a ref. He deserves to be fined, maybe suspended.

He'll get off relatively easy considering Brazilians routinely KILL refs that they don't like.
That happened in one of the poorest states in a city with 200 families. Amateur match. the refereer was a player who was hurt and had a knife on him. Now the city thinks they are cursed. Don't think it was something in an official match in rio or something.

Costa said violence was unusual in Centro de Meio, a remote rural community with little crime. He said those involved in the slayings were all from neighboring towns.

While violent clashes between rival fans is common in Brazil, the brutality of the killings in Centro de Meio sent shockwaves through Brazil, which last month played host to the Confederations Cup and is gearing up to host next year's World Cup soccer tournament.

Paulo Storani, a professor and security expert who spent three decades in Rio's police forces, called the slayings 'an isolated incident' and said they don't reflect on Brazil's ability to ensure security at during the World Cup.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Angry-fans-head-stake-stabbing-player.html

I must be missing something because I didn't think it was a particularly late stoppage. It seemed completely average.

It was a perfectly fine stoppage and Nelson completely overreacted. Fans were just parroting what Nelson said.

Back