Dodson vs. Lineker - lets figure this out.

Myrddin Wild

~Eternal We Are~
@Steel
Reaction score
Vegas is undecided... it's up to us.

I just got done watching the last few fights from both of them & this is what I got.

Both guys up from 125 lb. Both guys known for their KO power.

Dodson hasn't looked the same since coming back off of ACL surgery. May 2015, (his first fight back) he took on Zach... a wrestler who used his wrestling threat to land a sh*t load of looping punches to Dodson. The same looping punches that Lineker KO'z people with. Dodson pulled off a 29/28 dec... that to me didn't look very decisive at all & Dodson's foot work was not what it used to be. It certainly wasn't against Mouse. His prior outing against Mouse was much stronger.

Mouse also kept Dodson riding his bike around the fence just like Lineker does. Mouse'z wrestling might of made an advantage though that Lineker may not have.

Dodson looked great against Manny... for what that's worth... but he didn't need his foot work to do that. He'z going to need it against Lineker.

Lineker backs his opponent up & makes them ride their bike around the ring constantly because the second you stop circling, he comes in with terrifying body & head punches. Either guy can finish, but it looks to me like Lin has the better chance at it.

Lin's never been knocked down... & he seems to be able to keep throwing power… at high volume… into the 3rd in his last few fights without gassing. Dodson is going to have to run the outside the whole time while Lin presses from the inside. Dodson may use wrestling to try & slow that down, but Lin is no slouch on the ground & never stays on the bottom long if not just bounce right back up.

Advantage to Lineker IMO

Last edited:
ufn_ac_07_lineker_vs_ozkilic_004.jpg

UFCJohnDodson.jpg

I think Dodson is too fast for him. Both have KO power. I give the chin edge to Lineker. Wrestling to Dodson.

I think it comes down to gameplan tbh

It really is a pick em. I see it being over quickly and I'm leaning towards Lineker

Dodson won't brawl with Lineker like MacDonald and Rivera did. I think there will be a really methodical gameplan from Greg Jackson and the smart money should be on Dodson.

I think Dodson is too fast I see a unanimous decision with a lot of moving around by Dodson. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if Linekar caught him though.

Lineker crowds people against the cage well. His square stance makes it easier to cut the cage.

I dont think Dodson is as explosive as he used to be, though that isnt saying much.

Linekers willingness to trade might cost him in this one, i hope not though.

May the JBGs be pleased with this fight.

I agree that it's gonna come down to gameplan, movement and circling away from each other's powerhand. Lineker's gonna bully and Dodson's gonna be elusive. Both have KO power and want to win in that way, so it really depends on how the exchanges play out.

Hello Uncle Zed.

Dodson is the faster fighter and has some power in his hands as well. I think Dodson via decision. Lineker has a hell of a chin.

I think it comes down to footwork and gameplan too. I don't know how Dodson will look but if he's mobile and sticks to a good gameplan, Lineker's best chance is a puncher's one. But what a puncher!

I feel it's still a pick'em because it's Liniker's ability to shut you off vs Jackson's ability to gameplan + Dodson's ability to move.

I think Dodson is too fast for him. Both have KO power. I give the chin edge to Lineker. Wrestling to Dodson.

I think it comes down to gameplan tbh
I went into today prior to watching tape thinking Dodson had the speed advantage. Looking at him since ACL surgery has really got me wondering though. Watching his fight against Zach really opened my eyes to that. He's just slower.

Dodson won't brawl with Lineker like MacDonald and Rivera did. I think there will be a really methodical gameplan from Greg Jackson and the smart money should be on Dodson.
Everyone who brawls with Lineker ends up at the wrong end of the exchange. That would be smart for Dodson to avoid... & the only way to do that is to ride the bike around the outside from start to finish.

If Dodson can use wrestling or at least the threat of takedown to keep Lineker from advancing so much... it could make a difference. Without that... Dodson is going to be riding his bike around the outside the whole time while Lineker just finds his mark every so often & throws that power. Lineker is like a sniper... he circles & keeps his target in the scope... & then at the perfect moment he moves in winging kill shots at the body & head.

I think Dodson is too fast I see a unanimous decision with a lot of moving around by Dodson. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if Linekar caught him though.
Dodson ain't as fast as he used to be pre-ACL surgery in my opinion. Lineker wins his decisions by people trying to be faster. They have to be though... because he owns the center of the octogon & even the line outside the center. The opponent has to run the fence the whole time & as soon as they stop, Lin moves in with power shots. I'm not saying Dodson can't get his shots in, but Lineker's game is pretty tight.

Rooting for lineker, but as long as it's violent, I'll be a happy fight fan.

i agree overall - dodson has looked great overall but not as much recently - lineker is up and coming w big power - if dodsons speed makes a difference, he'll prob win

Hello Uncle Zed.

Dodson is the faster fighter and has some power in his hands as well. I think Dodson via decision. Lineker has a hell of a chin.
Waz up Buddeh!

Yeah, Lineker's never even been knocked down. Dodson's going to need that speed to keep circling on the outside. If he bringz it in... then he's going to be in a dog fight with Lineker & that's more Lineker's world. Dodson will want to stick & move. That said... can Dodson run laps around the cage for 25 minutes without gassing? Even if he can survive... I don't think he will be able to maintain the same pace & will likely lose the championship rounds.

That said... we haven't seen Lineker in the 4th & 5th... but he certainly can maintain his pace in 3.

Waz up Buddeh!

Yeah, Lineker's never even been knocked down. Dodson's going to need that speed to keep circling on the outside. If he bringz it in... then he's going to be in a dog fight with Lineker & that's more Lineker's world. Dodson will want to stick & move. That said... can Dodson run laps around the cage for 25 minutes without gassing? Even if he can survive... I don't think he will be able to maintain the same pace & will likely lose the championship rounds.

That said... we haven't seen Lineker in the 4th & 5th... but he certainly can maintain his pace in 3.
Hard fight to predict.. Agree with your analysis. This is one of them fights where both guys could start trading in the first minute of the first round guns blazing with the other guy getting caught and knocked out. Dodson is the older fighter but he looked good in his last fight + the dude's a fucking ninja.

Back