Paul Felder example...

TMAN29

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So Paul Felder has made at least 325k in the last two yrs fighting in the UFC. The guys is an exciting stand up fighter but doesnt seen to have much of a groung/wrestling game. Having said that he has 2 PON bonuses and has fought 7 times but is only 4-3 with loses against good fighters.....

To me he is an example if making money at the begining if your contract but my problem is that he has had to get beaten up/ been in wars to obtain that money. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Paul Felder made 325k..yet needs gofundme pages to get him to fights outside the USA?

Are you saying he literally had to fight for his money?

I don't get it??

I like watching him but he doesn't seem to have much in the way of fight IQ. Spams really hard shots/spinning shit and if it doesn't work, he does it more/harder. If he gets hit, he gets all angry looking and spams the hard shots/spinning shit more.

Kinda like a low level video game boss.

Not sure what the point is TS. He is a fighter and if he has made that much it isn't a bad living

I fail to understand what this thread is exactly about.. sorry.

I think hes saying Paul got his ass whooped early in his career just to make that money .
It sucks Paul shouldve gotten a buncha cans for first few fights. He took a lot of punishment from Ross, Edson, and Francisco.

Ill try to specify what I wrote. He has made at least 325k with reported salaries, PON bonuses, and reebok money. He has probably made more than that as 325k is low estimate. So lets say he has made 350k in UFC company pay in two yrs..... He has had too go through wars to make that money, and yet it seems most fans want to see that kind of fighter (exciting stand up fighter but lacking a wrestling/ground game).

If he went 7-0 with 2 finishes as a wrestler he wouldn't have made that money. Would he not be a better fighter who also has taken more damage, or would fans consider him a "BORING" fighter because he wasn't getting beat up for his money. Was getting beat up worth it?

Last edited:
Some people aren't good at managing their money.
And i highly doubt hes taking exactly that amount. You have to consider his living expenses and coaches etc. His camps are probably expensive like most fighters.

Was getting beat up worth it?

As that is his job, I'd imagine he thinks so yeah...

giphy.gif

As that is his job, I'd imagine he thinks so yeah...

giphy.gif
His job is not to get beat up IMO. It is make money and fight. Some would say winning while taking the least amount of damage possible is the point of all professional contact sports, especially MMA.

His job is not to get beat up IMO. It is make money and fight. Some would say winning while taking the least amount of damage possible is the point of all professional contact sports, especially MMA.

It is an occupational hazard. If he had better gameplanning and IQ he wouldn't get beat up as much.

With regards to fighters who go to war getting paid more, those are the fights that put arses on seats. The vast majority of fans want rock em sock em

Back