Can't find a straight answer - Will Roy be punished? - Hypocrite Dana?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Jason High pushed the ref and got cut. And Jason had just been TKO'd and could have been confused yet (or at least claimed that).

"That Jason High kid got up and pushed a referee - he's cut," White said. "I'm going to cut him. I look at that the way [Paul] Daley put his hands on his opponent after a fight was over. You don't ever, ever f------- touch a referee, ever. You're done here. He's been apologizing on Twitter, but he's done."

Should I retweet Dana's comments back to him?

Cutting Jason was a "no brainer" and "don't ever come back" after touching a ref.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/dana-white-releasing-jason-high-after-ufc-fight-night-42-was-no-brainer

He stuck his toe in BJM's butt.

It was gross more than anything.

In my opinion he should absolutely get a suspension. Even up to a year. I don't care how pissed off he was you cannot touch an official much less kick at one. Ya, I know it didn't hurt him and it was more of a push. But rules are rules. I just cannot see how the UFC or any commission would allow their officials to be purposely touched by a fighter.

I understand sometimes a dude tries to grapple an official when he's been TKO'd and is confused. But that's different than purposely going out of your way to push/kick an official.

Jason High pushed the ref and got cut. And Jason had just been TKO'd and could have been confused yet (or at least claimed that).

"That Jason High kid got up and pushed a referee - he's cut," White said. "I'm going to cut him. I look at that the way [Paul] Daley put his hands on his opponent after a fight was over. You don't ever, ever f------- touch a referee, ever. You're done here. He's been apologizing on Twitter, but he's done."

Well Roy didn't "put his hands" on BJM. Just joking around. Give him a 90 - 180 day suspension given the severity of the push kick. I mean I have seen Bruce Buffer "touch" a fighter 10x harder 1,000 times in a post fight congratulations. I don't think that the UFC can do ZERO, but I would not expect them to give him a punishment that would make him miss more than one potential UFC HW contest.

Cutting Jason was a "no brainer" and "don't ever come back" after touching a ref.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/dana-white-releasing-jason-high-after-ufc-fight-night-42-was-no-brainer
You're gay.

Dana probably enjoyed that tho...

we can say roy werdumed the referee.

what is this, just another run of the mill "omg, i found a dana white hypocrisy" thread?

the answer is this: maybe.

now can you find some examples of fighters who weren't released after holding subs as long as Palhares?

what is this, just another run of the mill "omg, i found a dana white hypocrisy" thread?

the answer is this: maybe.

now can you find some examples of fighters who weren't released after holding subs as long as Palhares?

So you are OK with it then? The double standards? Dana said you don't ever touch a ref. If you do, you are gone and don't come back. I'm tired of his lies and hypocrisy.
Plus this sets a horrible precedence. What if all fighters just get pissed after they win or lose and start pushing refs around? We just gonna let someone "Yvel" a ref at some point?

Roy is a scumbag slimeball, if I was a ref I'd be pissed if that big lump of garbage came anywhere near me after a fight, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot barge pole.

Let it do what it do, bro.

Make Big Country lose his belly, his beard, and drop to mw as a punishment

I don't think its up to Dana anymore. Back then he was an owner and now he sold the company.

I'm surprised he hasn't been suspended yet.

Even though it was a soft touch...you can't be putting your hands or feet on a referee in any capacity.

So you are OK with it then? The double standards? Dana said you don't ever touch a ref. If you do, you are gone and don't come back. I'm tired of his lies and hypocrisy.
Plus this sets a horrible precedence. What if all fighters just get pissed after they win or lose and start pushing refs around? We just gonna let someone "Yvel" a ref at some point?

See, this is the truth.

While it was funny, people need to think about it logically. If you don't punish Roy and say it was "a late stoppage so therefore deserved" or "He hardly touched him, and BJM's a douche" it sends a message. The message to refs is "Stop a fight late and we're not going to back you up if the fighter puts his hands on you". This is probably going to lead to more fights being stopped early. What happens when a fighter loses because of an early stoppage and kicks a ref? Yeh, not good for the sport. He has to be cut imo

I find I don't really care but I'm reading because I'm curious to see why this matters so much to some ppl. Nobody got hurt so I don't care, I guess?

Did Roy Nelson f**k your girlfriend or something? just let go with your blind hate, buddy. He was angry that he needed to inflict further punishment on sick man (Bigfoot).

Back