What is next for Godofredo Pepey?

.paradoxxii

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
IF I could read right, Pepey impressed not only me but a lot of people with his last performance.

If you may say it was not the most technical striking, it was definitely exciting and wild!
And with his impetous ground game, finished the fight in the very first round.

Who do you want to see Pepey fighting against?

I may be biased, but I guess Pepey deserves another shot against a ranked guy.

For example: Andre Fili (who lost to pepey) is getting his 2nd consecutive shot against a ranked guy even coming from a loss.

Some want to see Pepey against a competent wrestler again, so he can prove himself since he faced some dificulties against Elkins.

I'd prefer to see him against Yair Rodriguez - both for exciting match-up and the oportunity for Pepey to going up in the rankings!

IF I could read right, Pepey impressed not only me but a lot of people with his last performance.

If you may say it was not the most technical striking, it was definitely exciting and wild!
And with his impetous ground game, finished the fight in the very first round.

Who do you want to see Pepey fighting against?

I may be biased, but I guess Pepey deserves another shot against a ranked guy.

For example: Andre Fili (who lost to pepey) is getting his 2nd consecutive shot against a ranked guy even coming from a loss.

Some want to see Pepey against a competent wrestler again, so he can prove himself since he faced some dificulties against Elkins.

I'd prefer to see him against Yair Rodriguez - both for exciting match-up and the oportunity for Pepey to going up in the rankings!
Either yair or give him Alex caceres

He's talented but very inconsistent and has a pleb tier Fight IQ.

Needs to address those issues before moving to the next level of fighters.

Not sure, Caceres isn't a bad choice though.

Elkins destroyed him, Pepey showed TERRIBLE fight IQ in that fight CONSTANTLY pulling guard.

I'm not that hyped about him. His performance against Darren Elkins was awful. Give him some more cans for now

Also he looks like a fucking douchebag. even more so than Garbrandt.

That's that TAM privilege.

I like Pepey; he's always wild and unpredictabe. Dennis Bermudez would make for a wild fight. Or maybe Myles Jury, if he comes back.

He would lose to anyone good. his next step is against another weak opponent on a fight night brazil card that he can win

More slaughter. Aye brother, blood and bone. Carcasses and corpses, copses and cops. Domination by and in the name of the fist.

mWC2qiaVIiG8DmAKBewHR7w.jpg

He's like Joe Lauzon in that he'll never be a title contender, and I don't care. The guy consistently puts on amazing fights and is hyper-aggressive. I'll gladly watch him fight anyone.

Either yair or give him Alex caceres

He's talented but very inconsistent and has a pleb tier Fight IQ.

Needs to address those issues before moving to the next level of fighters.

Not sure, Caceres isn't a bad choice though.

Elkins destroyed him, Pepey showed TERRIBLE fight IQ in that fight CONSTANTLY pulling guard.

I'm not that hyped about him. His performance against Darren Elkins was awful. Give him some more cans for now

Bruce Leroy

Pepey himself recognize it. About that fight against Elkins he gave multiple interviews saying that he was overconfident on his jiu jitsu and apologize to his corner for not listening. For this last fight he said he was going to listen and 100% obbey his corner. I guess it worked!

As a fan, i'd always ask for the bigger fight for Pepey - but I think Alex Caceres would do it - both for the spetacle and for growing in the promotion.

Also he looks like a fucking douchebag. even more so than Garbrandt.

Another poster from here said he had the same impression about Pepey but changed his mind. I had it too.
I told him that when you meet Pepey in person, you see he is a nice guy, just too competitive what makes him look douchy towards his opponent.
I guess this "competitiveness" is part os the mind that bring here to this point of his carreer.
Pepey is always receptive when people arrive in his gym and his students and crew are like family to him. His loyalty and devotion to his brother is admirable too. Pepey is a nice guy.

To this fight, a fan asked for tickets on Pepey's instagram and Pepey gave him one.

If you someday have a chance, try to talk to him in person (not if you are fighting him haha)

That's that TAM privilege.

I like Pepey; he's always wild and unpredictabe. Dennis Bermudez would make for a wild fight. Or maybe Myles Jury, if he comes back.

I like both of this fights.
I even said he should have fought Bermudez instead of Jason - and I guess he had been better than he was against Elkins

Chas Skelly.

I haven't thought this fight, but HEY, I liked.
His last submission impressed me and I'm always up to see wars between submission artists!

I don't know why his name makes me want to eat Italian food?

HAHAHA!
I guess is his latin first name plus his nickname that makes it sound italian.

but if you put his last name "Godofredo Castro" it sounds more like iberian (a little step closer to brazilian names)

Back