Nunes or Ronda vs Länsberg: How long the fight would last?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
IMO:

Nunes stops her inside 3 minutes, like she would do against any top20-30 level BW.

Ronda stops her inside 2 minutes (like usual for her even against a lot tougher opponents).

Why did it take over 7 minutes from Cyborg to finish a small BW journeywoman with all that weight advantage? I thought she was supposed to be the best female fighter on the planet. Lel.

Only watched her fight against Cyborg. Anyway, from what I gathered from the commentary she's mostly a clinch fighter. So, my wild guess is that both Amanda and Ronda would slam her on the canvas the moment she puts her hands on them and gets finished there.

Last edited:
GSP decisioned Dan Hardy. Condit KOed Dan Hardy.

GSP beat Condit.

Your take is flawed.

In all honesty it looked like Cyborg purposely wanted to slow Lina's beating and give the crowd a decent fight. I honestly think if she went all out she'd have done the job quicker it looked like she wanted to drag it out a little. Lina was helpless the whole time (literally zero offence)

GSP beat Condit.

Your take is flawed.
Except GSP is a decision guy so your analogy makes no sense.

Nunes is a finsher
Ronda is a finisher
Cyborg is a finisher

It's just about who finishes her fastest.

1) Ronda
2) Nunes
3) Cyroid.

GSP beat Condit.

Your take is flawed.

I know its MMA math, and Im not saying Cyborg couldnt beat both Ronda and Nunes. I just think people should understand that there are a lot of women BWs who would have also dominated Länsberg and without a huge weight advantage. In that sense Cyborg`s performance didnt look good at all for someone currently having the hype she has.

Ronda has the fastest finishes in the UFC, i guess its under a minute for her, Nunes probably inside the first, or something around the same as Cyborg.

In all honesty it looked like Cyborg purposely wanted to slow Lina's beating and give the crowd a decent fight. I honestly think if she went all out she'd have done the job quicker it looked like she wanted to drag it out a little. Lina was helpless the whole time (literally zero offence)

So Cyborg is a steroid cheat, and a sadist?

Great, let's cheer for her...

I have always hated that excuse. Every fighter wants to finish a fight as quickly as possible, it took over 7 minutes from Cyborg because she couldnt finish her earlier. She tried to punch her head off in every exchange.

I like Shevchenko for Rousey's comeback fight.
Winner fights Nunes

Länsberg is a beautiful woman ..

The only thing I learned about Lina is that she can really take a beating. She may actually have some offense against a woman that doesn't have 20/25 lbs on her.

Brilliant thread. Now we know that Ronda would beat Cyborg based on a fight she never fought and now she doesn't even have to fight Cyborg either!

Nope, you see the same walling and stalling in Cyborg/Coenen II.

MMA fans are cringe.

"Muh finishes. Where are muh finishes. Why couldn't they finish in the first round. Why did it take so long for muh finish."

Back