Did Lina just show up just for the pay check

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
She seemed pretty chubby and out of shape for this fight (dunno if she had any injuries during camp). Also as soon as the fight began she mounted no offence and was just clinging on for dear life. She was cute and talked a big game before the fight and I was hoping she'd at least go out on her shield (kind of like Leslie Smith). Instead she went out cowering like a mouse and "fought" like she knew she had zero chance of winning.

Even her post fight speech seemed to indicate she thought she had no chance at winning and was hoping to do "better" by that I assume atleast get 2 decent punches in.

FFS what's the point of these squash matches.

No. If she was there to the collect paycheck, she would just turtle up after the first clean punch and wait for the ref to end the fight.

Pretty much like how most Sherdoggers would do

If Ronda was only offered the level of competition borg faced, she'd still be undefeated and still fighting. I'm sure Brock's resume would be fucking sick if all he fought was bloated lhws. Cyborg career will always be drenched in irony. Lina was there for a check plain and simple

Nah she showed up to get her face busted up by Cyborg

Seemed that way. Isn't she an 8 time muay thai champ? Did absolutely nothing. UFC keeps making dumb match ups. Pathetic.

Cyborg vs Baars rematch anyone? in MMA rules that is

No. If she was there to the collect paycheck, she would just turtle up after the first clean punch and wait for the ref to end the fight.

Naw i'd beat the bricks out of cyborg

manlet + female = LEL

Seemed that way. Isn't she an 8 time muay thai champ? Did absolutely nothing. UFC keeps making dumb match ups. Pathetic.

I don't know the level of women muay thai but Lansberg's stand up looked pretty average. Even her previous fights she hasn't really displayed much stand up.

I don't think so. She could have hit the canvas the first good punch she took. She didn't... she's a gamer. She was just in way over her head. And I think she has a touch of crazy runnin through her.

Seems like it, she put no offense through that beating, just defending (poorly) is not the way to defeat Cyborg, she gets people beaten up before getting tired if that was their gameplan.

Thing is, has official pay been released? Headlining as a sacrificial lamb must worth more than 10k + 2.5k Reebok money, right?

Edit: Headlining Reebok money isnt 2.5k, right?

Edit #2: Seems like it doesnt make a difference, only for title fights.

Judging her interviews, she's definetly crazy. In a good way.

She is tough as well.

Seems like it, she put no offense through that beating, just defending (poorly) is not the way to defeat Cyborg, she gets people beaten up before getting tired if that was their gameplan.

Thing is, has official pay been released? Headlining as a sacrificial lamb must worth more than 10k + 2.5k Reebok money, right?

Edit: Headlining Reebok money isnt 2.5k, right?

Edit #2: Seems like it doesnt make a difference, only for title fights.

Well I hope she got paid well that sort of beating could take years off her career.

When they said she normally fought at 135 I knew what was going to happen. It's the same thing that would happen to Ronda if she went up to fight Cyborg. 10lbs is a lot when you're that tiny.

when cyborg fights - there are two ways the oppoents are described

before its the usual by the promotion - she looks really game, she isnt scared like all the past opponents, shes ready to be in there (repeat this every time cyborg fights)

afterward - people usually wonder why the fight happened and if the opponent was even prepared

ufc hype plus the unpredictable nature of the sport gets people really excited and then there is a big come down when a -1150 favorite wins in dominating fashion - who would have expected that

When they said she normally fought at 135 I knew what was going to happen. It's the same thing that would happen to Ronda if she went up to fight Cyborg. 10lbs is a lot when you're that tiny.

When was the last time she fought a legit 145er? Because Smith, or Lina are 135ers and not the good ones.

I believe the phrase you are looking for is "Sapp'd it" or "gone full Sapp".

Back