Yves Edwards as FS1 analyst

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Great move on part of the UFC, there needs to be more retired fighters speaking and analyzing because whatever this bs is with current fighters trying to view fights without bias is awful. You've got awkward call outs between commentators and fighters who just won, but none of that exist with retired fighters and thats the way it should stay. Most other sports use retired athletes anyway (excluding special things like the playoffs) so should the UFC. Yves Edwards did a great job, and deserves a spot at the analyst booth.

What do you guys think?

Yeah he cool. Thugjitsu boah
1omys2.gif

I really like Yves he cracked me up on the MMA Roasted podcast.
He has great stories, a good sense of humor and is a pioneer.

him picking his ATT fam over Blackzilian is as awkward bias as it gets

Watching Sam Stout taking his head clean off was what transformed me from a casual to a regular fan

him picking his ATT fam over Blackzilian is as awkward bias as it gets
Thats an acceptable amount of bias, but you know hes not gonna go call someone out or just blatantly put down fighters because of his bias. Retired commentators in other sports pick their former teams out of bias all of the time.

Thats an acceptable amount of bias, but you know hes not gonna go call someone out or just blatantly put down fighters because of his bias. Retired commentators in other sports pick their former teams out of bias all of the time.
i dont have a problem with what he said, just felt like it didnt belong. Ok for a podcast, not very professional for a Televised tv show

but despite that I think Yves does a good job

i'm a big yves fan. was sad how his career ended, but happy he's been hired by the UFC as an analyst. hope they keep him on. fighters like that who were stars at lower weight classes, but didn't make a ton of money fighting, deserve to get good gigs like this after their fighting days.

I was skeptical to begin with. He starts his sentences off slow, so I though he was going to be bad on the prompter, but he is not. He worked well with Florian and he has some good analysis to boot.

Yeah they should use more retired fighters to do the show, rather the current UFC fighters who are making tons of money fighting currently.

He's a very articulate guy and turning out to be a phenomenal coach at ATT.

The amount of experience this guy has in MMA is ridiculous, truly offers a different level of insight on the sport.

All of those fighters sitting at that desk are biased when it comes to team mates. Cormier not only towards team mates, but even wrestlers. You could literally set a clock to when he's going to say: "Let me tell you one thing; the key to winning this fight will come down to [insert name]'s wrestling."

I like Yves though.

He used to be a ref but got married and changed his last name. Now he's an analyst on FS1. And he looks black now too. I like him like this. He was cool as the frenchman too. But this is more thugjitsu, according to my sources.

He used to be a ref but got married and changed his last name. Now he's an analyst on FS1. And he looks black now too. I like him like this. He was cool as the frenchman too. But this is more thugjitsu, according to my sources.
200w.gif

Back