How about..Nate Diaz Vs Khabib for UFC 205?

SpiderFan187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As it stands now Diaz has a lot of drawing power, Khabib not nearly as much. Setting up a fight between these two will bring great numbers because of Diaz and will give Khabib some needed exposure to the casuals. These two also have some history with their teams brawling not so long ago.

Best case scenario:

- Lets say Diaz wins, this will set up massive fight between him and Eddie
- On the same night lets have Connor Vs Aldo
- Say both Diaz and Connor wins this will set up no doubt the biggest fight in MMA history (trilogy for the belt)

Worst case scenario:

- Khabib (as should be expected) wins in dominant fashion this should put him over with the MMA casuals as the beast that he is
- Diaz can go back to a third fight with Connor
- Khabib can then go on to vs Eddie where more people will be interested in watching after he gets some well needed exposure

I thought it was clear from the first duck that Nate wants no part of khabib?

Nate only wants to fight Conor or big names for money fights.

Nate doesn't want to fight someone who is just gonna hold onto him the whole time

USA Mother Fucker

Khabib does not deserve a money fight, period.

The man is a ghost and Nate is a star.

No.

Nate caught the Leprechaun....he is gonna keep that thing in a rear naked with double hooks and squeeze forever...he is not fighting anyone that is any good, not to mention K.

Nate has 1 fight left in his career and its the third McGregor fight. Exactly like Nick after the GSP fight, he wasn't gonna take fights against some contenders where no PPV money was involved. Nick got the Anderson Silva fight as a PPV headliner, but theres nobody out there that the UFC is gonna have Nate headline against (or give him PPV Points).

McGregor/Diaz 3 will always be there and Nate isnt going anywhere. Conor could fight 3 more fights and then go back to it late next year if he wanted too.

Nate would be +500 against Khabib, not a competitive fight whatsoever...

I hate how Nat3 Diaz is handling this.
He really just said he's not fighting anyone else but McGregor.

*Facepalm*

It makes it look like he's dependent on McGregor now. Not a good fucking look!

Nurmagomedov powerbombs and suplexes Diaz all night like Macadonald did.

the problem with your theory is that casual Diaz fans are not going to become Khabib fans if he wins, they didnt like RDA after he won, I dont see this really making an impact on him, especially considering most non casual fans know that Diaz hasnt dont a ton at LW

I hate how Nat3 Diaz is handling this.
He really just said he's not fighting anyone else but McGregor.

*Facepalm*

It makes it look like he's dependent on McGregor now. Not a good fucking look!

Nurmagomedov powerbombs and suplexes Diaz all night like Macadonald did.

Its great for his wallet, he made millions off Conor, he isnt going to be able to get that fighting anyone else. He can retire now probably, but he still wants another big check

I like Nate, but him vs. a nasty grappler is just him being held on the ground while calling Khabib a bitch. Khabib would win. And it would be tremendously boring. Nate wants a money fight, but doesn't really deserve one right now, but he is still fun as fuck to watch in a war. In my opinion, Nate/Cerrone rematch is the fight to make.

No one knows what a nurmagomedov is motherfucker. This is America

That would be a very one-sided fight with Nate just getting ragdolled until the time runs out.

Nate doesnt even now what planet he's on right now.

Back