Everyone wants to talk like Conor but nobody wants to take fights like Conor

Thunderflash500

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We've seen a huge rise in fighters asking for money fights. Everyone is trying to copy Conor. But Conor didn't get famous by asking for money fights. He always asked for big names and took on EXACTLY who the haters said would destroy him OR he fought a BETTER fighter than the one who supposed to destroy him. He always went UP in competition, not down. Yet for some reason these fighters who all want pay days think playing it safe, ducking, and calling out retired fighters is the way to go.

You've got Tyrone trying to duck the best in his division, and you've got Eddie doing the same thing. Eddie running from Khabib is probably the best example of ducking in modern mma. If they really wanted money, if they really wanted fame and huge ppv buys they should call out the best in their division and the division above themselves. Explain why they are the best and prove it. Instead they play games trying to get the perfect match ups, or literally just challange Conor and make a payday off his name alone.

Fighters trying to Copy Conor actually are doing the complete opposite of what he did. They are running scared of their own divisions. Conor cleared his division with the exception of Frankie who he would have fought had Frankie beaten Aldo. Is Tyrone Calling out top 5 fighters at 185? Is Eddie Calling out Tyrone? No, they both are trying to get what they see is the easy fight.

You don't even need to go up a division. GSP was a huge draw, and granted he had a country behind him, but he was also famous for dominating his own division so hard and for so long. He wasn't calling out 155 pound fighters. BJ Penn was calling GSP out, and that's why BJ Penn and GSP are both legends.

Don't worry.

Conor will lose at 155.

Kebob will skewer him.

Also, 145 is no longer an option.

...and 170 will NEVER work because all the the elite fighters there would MURDER him.

Exactly, he's expected to lose. That's the whole point of my post. He's going UP in competition. Not down. Eddie is going DOWN. At least according to general beliefs.

Uhh...he has no fucking choice.

145 is too low, unless he wants to legit put his life in danger via brain dehydration, etc. (said dehydration is why so many fighters get proper fucked)

Don't worry.

Conor will lose at 155.

Kebob will skewer him.

...and 170 will NEVER work because all the the elite fighters there would MURDER him.
Even if I agreed with your post, which I don't, it's completely irrelevant to what the OP was saying. Please work on your reading comprehension before posting here again.

When Alexander defeated the the King of Persia on the open battefield did he stop? No. Because the king still lived. The king survived the battle. He had basically no army, no power, no real money, but he still lived. Alexander did not stop until he was the undisputed king and the other king was dead or surrendered. Eddie won the battle for the belt, but he didn't really defeat who many people believe to be the real king. Khabib.
Uhh...he has no fucking choice.

145 is too low, unless he wants to legit put his life in danger via brain dehydration, etc. (said dehydration is why so many fighters get proper fucked)

Uhhh he's ALWAYS made weight. He's gone up in weight before. When he fought at 170 he didn't even weigh 170. He has a choice. You people are so fucking salty about Conor beating Aldo, Mendez, and Nate that you're now just making bullshit up. You're trying to brush away his accomplishments by just straight up lying.

Don't worry.

Conor will lose at 155.

Kebob will skewer him.

Bet you were saying Mendes would murder Conor and Aldo would murder Conor.

Bet you were saying Mendes would murder Conor and Aldo would murder Conor.

You do recall that Nate Diaz murked Conor on 11 days notice...

...and by the way, I correctly predicted that Nate would lose the rematch, as Nate isn't very good apart from being super tough.

When Alexander defeated the the King of Persia on the open battefield did he stop? No. Because the king still lived. The king survived the battle. He had basically no army, no power, no real money, but he still lived. Alexander did not stop until he was the undisputed king and the other king was dead or surrendered. Eddie won the battle for the belt, but he didn't really defeat who many people believe to be the real king. Khabib.

Uhhh he's ALWAYS made weight. He's gone up in weight before. When he fought at 170 he didn't even weigh 170. He has a choice. You people are so fucking salty about Conor beating Aldo, Mendez, and Nate that you're now just making bullshit up. You're trying to brush away his accomplishments by just straight up lying.

Uhhh he CANNOT make that weight anymore.

Uhhh he's NOT proven at higher weight classes.

170 was a joke against a non-elite fighter.

...and by the way, I correctly predicted that Nate would lose the rematch, as Nate isn't very good apart from being super tough.

And Conor dropped a full camp Diaz three times.

Woodley was trying to get a fight against GSP. A fight that would get him the most $$$ and a chance at the WW GOAT. I don't blame him. He's now fighting the fighter everyone said he was ducking.

Not sure what the hell is going on with Alvarez right now. We've heard many different things so we'll have to wait.

We've seen a huge rise in fighters asking for money fights. Everyone is trying to copy Conor. But Conor didn't get famous by asking for money fights. He always asked for big names and took on EXACTLY who the haters said would destroy him OR he fought a BETTER fighter than the one who supposed to destroy him.

lmfao

how could you even keep a straight face writing this garbage i'll never know.

Uhhh he CANNOT make that weight anymore.

Uhhh he's NOT proven at higher weight classes.

170 was a joke against a non-elite fighter.

How is he not an elite fighter? He's ranked 5th in the toughest division in the UFC.

I'm okay with Conor haters cheering for Nate. But now that Nate lost, the same people are talking shit about him. Fuck that. He will always be a top LW no matter what.

I'm okay with Conor haters cheering for Nate. But now that Nate lost, the same people are talking shit about him. Fuck that. He will always be a top LW no matter what.

Nate is legit, again showing Conor went UP. The funny part is that he actually meant to go even higher. He had to settle with taking on a top 5 fighter in a higher weight division on two weeks notice. That's similar to Eddie fighting wonderboy cause Tyrone got injured. But no, Eddie is running from his own division.

Im not a massive Conor fan but I respect the fact he backs up the talk. A lot of fighters could benefit from that attitude. That being said I think he needs to fight Aldo. Conor got a shot at his redemption against Nate now its Aldos turn. He is the champion and hasnt defended so it could seem like Conor is ducking Aldo rematch.

Back