People complaining about Cyborg calling out 135ers

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've noticed so many people writing off Cyborgs competition and getting pissed at her for calling out 135ers. Listen folks, you act like Cyborg is the only fighter in MMA who cuts a shit ton of weight.. remember Meisha passing out after cutting for her recent Nunes bout? Rousey and Holly have had issues before as well (both big 135ers) and lets not forget guys like Tibau, McGregor, Gastelum .etc .etc

Also, since a 145 division only exists in Invicta (which Cyborg merks whenever needed) and not in the UFC, she is left fighting literally anyone who will accept her. Lina is a legit kickboxer and the only one who was willing to move up 5 lbs lols. Cyborg is not only an exciting fighter but world class talent that is in her prime- she's trying to make money and gain fans but its very hard when every girl is afraid of her. She trash talks just about every chick on the roster, all top 5 which she deserves to fight, and they all simply act like she doesn't exist

Lets remember

- Meisha Tate, Holly, Nunes and Ronda have all competed at 145 before
- Meisha and Holly both said they would have no prob fighting her at 140 or 45 (I doubt rousey agreed to a fight) then retracted on that
- Meisha, Rousey, Holly and Nunes all struggle to cut weight to 135. Sure cyborg is bigger but it's only 5-10lbs and since they've fought at 145 in the past its a bit silly to not want to now...

I mean Cyborg would jump at a chance to have a 140/ 145 title fight against Holly, Meisha, Nunes, Rousey .etc . 3/4 of them are coming off losses, but would still get a chance at the 145 belt

I get the whole "Cyborg should just make weight yadda yadda", if she did manage to make 135 without killing herself in the process I still doubt any of these girls would accept a fight with her. Cyborg is just that good.

kos.gif

Name one top fighter in the ufc who doesn't get top fights in their weight class? But you're saying cyborg wouldn't? Based on what? Oh, right. Nothing.

I forgive Cyborg for the roids. Everyone else has tested positive at some point, and I've forgiven them too. I used to lip Cyborg off on Twitter and said yeah yeah just cut the weight, but as I've followed her career more, its obvious she can't cut down that far, and I no longer think she should. I hope UFC does create the 145lb division for Cyborg, she's fun to watch and is a murderous fighter, but classy outside the cage.

I forgive Cyborg for the roids. Everyone else has tested positive at some point, and I've forgiven them too. I used to lip Cyborg off on Twitter and said yeah yeah just cut the weight, but as I've followed her career more, its obvious she can't cut down that far, and I no longer think she should. I hope UFC does create the 145lb division for Cyborg, she's fun to watch and is a murderous fighter, but classy outside the cage.
You get it

I've noticed so many people writing off Cyborgs competition and getting pissed at her for calling out 135ers. Listen folks, you act like Cyborg is the only fighter in MMA who cuts a shit ton of weight.. remember Meisha passing out after cutting for her recent Nunes bout? Rousey and Holly have had issues before as well (both big 135ers) and lets not forget guys like Tibau, McGregor, Gastelum .etc .etc

Also, since a 145 division only exists in Invicta (which Cyborg merks whenever needed) and not in the UFC, she is left fighting literally anyone who will accept her. Lina is a legit kickboxer and the only one who was willing to move up 5 lbs lols. Cyborg is not only an exciting fighter but world class talent that is in her prime- she's trying to make money and gain fans but its very hard when every girl is afraid of her. She trash talks just about every chick on the roster, all top 5 which she deserves to fight, and they all simply act like she doesn't exist

Lets remember

- Meisha Tate, Holly, Nunes and Ronda have all competed at 145 before
- Meisha and Holly both said they would have no prob fighting her at 140 or 45 (I doubt rousey agreed to a fight) then retracted on that
- Meisha, Rousey, Holly and Nunes all struggle to cut weight to 135. Sure cyborg is bigger but it's only 5-10lbs and since they've fought at 145 in the past its a bit silly to not want to now...

I mean Cyborg would jump at a chance to have a 140/ 145 title fight against Holly, Meisha, Nunes, Rousey .etc . 3/4 of them are coming off losses, but would still get a chance at the 145 belt

I get the whole "Cyborg should just make weight yadda yadda", if she did manage to make 135 without killing herself in the process I still doubt any of these girls would accept a fight with her. Cyborg is just that good.

Tate, Holm, Nunes, and Ronda can all easily make 135. Cyborg claims she can't make 135. Ergo, they are not the same size at all, even if the other fighters previously fought at a heavier weight class.

A good rule of thumb is if you can't make a weight class, you shouldn't call out the fighters in that weight class.

She weighed 138 at weigh ins her last fight before this one and was fine. She can make 135. It goes both ways. This last fight she made 141 but when she stepped in the cage she was wayyyyyyyy more than that. She looked huge Sat night.

Tate, Holm, Nunes, and Ronda can all easily make 135. Cyborg claims she can't make 135. Ergo, they are not the same size at all, even if the other fighters previously fought at a heavier weight class.

A good rule of thumb is if you can't make a weight class, you shouldn't call out the fighters in that weight class.

Tate, Nunes, Holm and Ronda all make 135 but definitely not easy
LYzAj9n.jpg

miesha-ko.jpg

And they've all fought at 145 in the past

2/4 have said they would fight Cyborg, at 140 or 145, but changed their tune once she debuted in the UFC

3/4 of them are coming off dominant losses. If the UFC announced a 145lb division, and created a fight for the vacant title and offered the Cyborg fight to any of those 4, do you really think they'd accept it

IMO only Holly would accept the fight since she seems like the most fearless of the 4, having fought at 152 in the past and basically being held back from this match til she gets a title rematch at the advice of her coaches. Then the rest of 135s (many of whom have fought higher) also don't want any of cyborg

You stfu once you touch the juice your career is no longer legitimate.
There are a whole lot of illigitimate fighters past and present if that is the case. But no one on your special fighter list. So far. Although none of whom I would consider clearly above suspicion either.

I don't think there's anyone in Invicta chomping at the bit to fight Cyborg at 145. She's saying she can't make 135, and it is what is. I can't make 135 either. But she's in her prime and just wants any fight she can get. The UFC should create the 145lb division and that would help inspire more 145lb women to get into MMA

LYzAj9n.jpg

miesha-ko.jpg

2/4 have said they would fight Cyborg, at 140 or 145, but changed their tune once she debuted in the UFC

3/4 of them are coming off dominant losses. If the UFC announced a 145lb division, and created a fight for the vacant title and offered the Cyborg fight to any of those 4, do you really think they'd accept it

IMO only Holly would accept the fight since she seems like the most fearless of the 4, having fought at 152 in the past and basically being held back from this match til she gets a title rematch at the advice of her coaches. Then the rest of 135s (many of whom have fought higher) also don't want any of cyborg

yeah I really wish Holly accepts the fight sooner than later
IMO he could make a competitive fight

LYzAj9n.jpg

miesha-ko.jpg

Cyborg is fun to watch fight. She has shown in her combat career that she is willing to take risks. I don't believe that a lot of these women would want to fight Cyborg unless the risk was worth the reward.

People talk down about her competition yet overlook the fact that Lina has competed against Valentina in a Muay Thai championship match. Valentina just handed Holly a loss. I am sure the ladies have all taken a much clearer view of the reality of just how dangerous Cyborg is even if the Cyborg detractors have not. I would like to see how Lina fairs against another ufc fighter.

They need to create the division in order to have a venue for the fights the fans want. If people were not interested then the ufc would not have entertained using her on two occasions. Much to the haters dismay the woman is clearly of interest or they would not have headlined her this time.

Calling out fighters from a weight class you can't make is retarded. The BWs can make 135, so that's where they fight. Cyborg is a huge 145, so of course the others aren't in any hurry to give up a ton of size and strength for a fight in a division with no other fighters.

where does everyone get there roids? I just hate on the people who are doing roids because I can't get any.i want to be an unstoppable sweaty pimpled thor too.

F*ck Cyborg and your stupida** post, TS.

She cries cutting weight and says she's not gonna cut to 140 anymore cause it's unhealthy. Then after the fight says she will continue to fight at 140 against top 10 opponents. She's a walking contradiction. If you like her that's fine, but I'm not impressed with her being 2-0 in the UFC when it's against Leslie Smith and Lansberg. But, hey that's just my opinion.

Back