Spicely great transition

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

That was such a clean transition. I watched it 4 or 5 times after it happened. He didn't do it against a slouch either -- Santos is a tough dude. Spicely was not supposed to win that fight, on paper. I'm very happy for the bloke, seemed genuinely stoked to take out a tough dude.

Biggest surprise of the night. Spicely was being given to Santos as a gimme fight and wound up getting the upset in very, very slick fashion. Awesome job.

Bad defensive technique by hammer chest. This guy been training for how long? How are you in the UFC and can't defend the RNC properly? I could've gotten out of that

He really did a great job. Slick transition. He really schooled Santos on the mat.

Back against the wall and he pulls it out. Happy for the guy despite not knowing before that fight.

Bad defensive technique by hammer chest. This guy been training for how long? How are you in the UFC and can't defend the RNC properly? I could've gotten out of that
The rnc is one of the most common submissions in mma so i guess you couldve gotten out of all of those too.

Demian Maia like, was he during the transistion, Joe

The rnc is one of the most common submissions in mma so i guess you couldve gotten out of all of those too.

I'm talking about THIS particular RNC. He didn't even try and he's been employed by the UFC for how long? You people act like these UFC fighters are gods and put them on a pedestal.

I've hit that RNC on people before too. Some people would defend it by just grabbing my leg and that would've already stopped the initial scramble to the back. This hammer chested guy did nothing all the way through the sub.

Edit: upon further review I gotta give more props to spice let he locked that shoulder up before he took the back. Still though there was more that could've been done. He was probably in shock in the moment or something.

He looked great the entire fight. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing compete again.

Back